32

I held on Eren's raincoat as we walked on the pathway Erwin told us about. A day already passed by and now we're doing the plan.

We have our three-dimensional maneuver device under our coats and we wore the hood over our head.

"We got through more easily than I expected." Eren muttered and Mikasa shushed him.

"That's the Military Police Brigade for you. It's clear they work hard day after day." Eren said.

"Quit looking around." Mikasa said.

"Now we'll just have to hope they don't notice that it's Jean and Mina in there. Can't expect that to work long. Me and Jean look nothing alike, after all." Eren said with a slight scowl in his face.

"Don't worry too much. Both of you have a villainous glint in your eyes and similar, evil-looking faces." Armin said, making me let out a sigh of laughter and a small grin.

"I don't have a horse face like him." Eren annoyingly said.

"Shut up, Eren." I muttered, trying not to laugh.

"And you don't even look like Mina, (N/n). Your smile is brighter than hers." Eren said, making me sweat drop.

"Is that an ouch or yay?"

Annie turned to us as we walked. "Hey, if I had decided not to help you, how are you planning to get over the wall?" she asked.

"We planned to get past using three-dimensional maneuver devices." Armin said.

"That's so reckless. To begin with, running before entering Stohess District would've saved you a lot of trouble, no?" Annie said.

"Why here and now?" Annie questioned.

"I predicted the complicated terrain in this city would make the switch more likely to succeed. And rather than being openly defiant, feigning obedience would decrease suspicion and buy us more time to escape." Armin answered.

"I see. That makes sense." Annie said and looked forward again.

Annie looked at the side then eyed me. I flinched a little and she eyed the side, making me look at where she was looking.

I saw the bridge where we ate the donuts and I smiled at her. Annie eyes me for a few seconds and let out a really really small smile, but it was noticeable for me.

"AUUHGGH ANNIE STOP MAKING THIS HARD FOR MEEE"

"There it is." Armin said and walked closer to the stairs that lead to the underground passageway.

Eren and Mikasa lined up next to Armin as I stood next to Annie.

"Here?" Annie asked.

"Yeah. we go through here. The ruins of an underground city that was planned and abandoned still lie here." Amin said and started to walk down.

Eren and Mikasa followed as Annie and I stayed. I gripped the strap of the bag I'm carrying and side-glaced Annie.

"Not gonna lie... it is quite dark there..." I muttered and took a deep breath as Annie looked at me.

"Let's... go?" I asked and offered a hand for her to take. Annie looked at my hand before my eyes and I smiled at her.

Annie lifted her hand to take mine and I slightly widened my eyes, but Eren grabbed my other hand and pulled me down.

"Let's go, (N/n)." Eren said and dragged me down the stairs.

"EREN YOU IDIOT! DIDN'T YOU SAW WHAT I WAS DOING?!" I grew an irk mark on the side of my forehead and annoyingly smiled at him.