52

Footsteps can be heard and I didn't look at the person, already knowing that it'll be Kenny.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!" I heard Kenny say it in a loud voice.

"What are you guys doing here having a leisurely chat down here? Don'tcha know what kinda shit's going down outside?" Kenny asked.

"Kenny? What happened?" I heard Rod asked.

"The Survey Corps staged a coup d'état and most of the military backed them up. They outed the king as a fake and rounded up all the influential nobles. It qualifies as a royal shit show." Kenny said and I slightly perked up.

"Only a matter of time till they show up here. You oughta finish up here quick." Kenny advised.

"Yes, all right. Please join the Personnel Suppression Squad at the entrance." Rod ordered.

"I shouldn't have to tell you again that you and your men cannot be present for the ceremony." Rod sternly said.

"You alright, Your Highness? Did I make you mad?" Kenny said.

Rod didn't answer and remained quiet, I quickly took a side-glanced at him to see his unimpressed face.

Oh how I wanted to laugh so hard.

I looked back down on the ground and remained quiet for now.

"Sorry 'bout that. I'm just so worried about you." Kenny said.

"Kenny, I trust you. Go." Rod ordered.

"Same to you, King Reiss." Kenny said and I heard him walk away.

I glanced behind me to see Rod and Historia started to walk down the stairs, Rod left for a few minutes and came back with a bag in his hand.

"It seems we're finally alone." Rod said and Historia looked at him.

"Father..." Historia muttered and Rod stood in front of her.

"Sorry for the delay. Listen, Historia." Rod said and placed a hand on Historia's shoulder.

"You may find this hard to believe, but Frieda is not entirely dead." Rod said.

"What?" Historia asked, widening her eyes.

"Her memories still live on. Would you like to meet your sister?" Rod asked, making my eyes widen.

"Yes!" Historia answered, tears built up on the corner of her eyes and smiled.

Rod stared blankly at her for a moment before kneeling down to open the bag. He took a familiar rectangular case and opened it, showing the injection.

I screamed loudly and shook my head, Eren soon did the same as he recognized the injection Rod was holding. Chains clanked loudly.

Rod glanced at us with slightly furrowed brows. I glared at him as I tried to remove these chains in my hands.

I heard faint explosions and I gasped, relieved that Levi and the others were here.

"It would seem our enemies are nearly here. Let's finish this, Historia." Rod said.

"Right." Historia muttered.

"MMMHHH!!" I screamed loudly to get Historia's attention and Eren also did the same.

They both glanced at us and I was slightly taken back when Historia glared at us.

"What, (Y/n)? Eren? What's with that look?" Historia said and furrowed her brows.

"They have finally realized what's going to happen. That the stolen power will return to where it belongs. Historia. It will return to you." Rod said.