One: Departing

One: Departing

I had never once in my entire life had left the human quarters before, never! Never left the safety of my home, never passed the giant wall that separates us humans to the monstrous giants that lived beyond us. I've never even seen a giant, I have no idea what to expect? But I've heard many stories.

All I know is that giants are much bigger then our skyscrapers, they are very loud obnoxious creatures and some aren't very fond of our kind. We're like annoying pests that they can't get rid of. A reason could be since we killed our own planet hundreds of years ago, a nuclear war or some sort. Then what remained of us humans managed to find our way into space,  soon finding this new world, a world of giants. I'm inhabited with Beings just like us except for the obvious size difference

Im not one to normally pay much attention in history, but I do know that some of the giants past that wall hate us. Despise our very existence. Majority don't really care about us, since we were so small and didn't take much room and actually take a liking to humans, but there are ones that don't. They are the ones to look out for.

It's been on the news, spreading fear into the innocents hearts. People having travelled past the wall and never returning to waiting friends and families. It's all because some anti-human giant decided to let his anger out on a poor defenceless human. Disgusting. The giants council doesn't care much though, they don't do a thing about all the reported missing people that have travelled past the wall into the giant quarters and never returned. Ever.

My mum just says their rumours, to not believe rumours since they are only created to make up drama between the races. Which wasn't a good idea.

It's not our fault that our ancestors
In the past didn't know how to take care of a planet. it was over a hundred years ago, longer. It was time to get over past incidents. Our technology is way more efficient now, to keep the planet healthy.

I've been told in school that one of the many reasons why the planet died was our greed, want. Along with the pollution that clogged the air until people began dropping like flies, unbreathable polluted air filled people's lungs until they suffocated.

Now we use solar. The battery lasts forever as long as you keep it beneath the warmth of sun, which was easy since it hardly ever rained in this world. Longer and hotter days made for great showers.

...

I unzip my black backpack that was nestled between my knees and pull out my pink sleeping mask, which I would be definitely using for this trip . I'm expecting to fall asleep as soon as we take off. Its going to be a long trip to the giant quarters. the trips scenery wasn't much to look at, only seemingly never ending fields of wheat and corn and then tunnels of darkness. I can already feel myself itching to get out of this cramped bleach white, transport pod.

I notice the few people around me are already trying to doze off in their seats, everyone seemingly not looking forward either to the journey.

There's an older man with a light fray of thin grey-white hair that sprouted from his balding head, his grey eyes search the world outside with his head leant up against a frail hand. His face was worn, tired, wrinkles etched deep into his leathery skin. His expression was of frustration but also fatigue, he'd didn't belong here. Not in a world like this. He sat in silence, only watching the world outside.  I couldn't help but wonder why and where he was headed into the giants quarters.

There's a woman in a business suit, casual yet smartly dressed, a red neck scarf wrapped warmly around her neck. Her face was made up nicely, red lipstick to match her neck scarf, but not over done like some girls. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a tight top knot bun. She had a slender face and high cheek bones, a pair of dark blue reading glasses nestled atop her nose. I guessed she was going to the giant quarters for business.