Thirty-Five: The Plan

Thirty- Five: The Plan

~A FEW HOURS EARLIER ~

[A U S T I N]

"Darrick slow down!" Austin hurried to catch up to Darrick, who was storming out of the school like a bulldozer, not stopping or slowing for anybody while making his way through the empty car park. Austin had to almost run to keep up, trying to persuade the taller boy to stop and hear him out. Austin had only received the cold shoulder with every desperate attempt at stopping Darrick, not daring to touch him incase he snapped his neck.

"Darrick I swear I wanted to punch him too back there but you know I can't be throwing fits in the middle of practice! Don't be angry at me!" Austin whined, stumbling over his words desperately for forgiveness

"I'm the captain of the team, damnit! I couldn't do anything"

"Listen to me!" Austin shouted and In the midsts of his frustration Austin reached forward to grab Darricks arms, yanking him back in an effort to get him to slow down. Big mistake

A sudden gush of pain jolted throughout Austin's cheek, then again to his ribs as Darrick fist crashed into his face then relentlessly again into his side, his legs instantly collapsing beneath him as he fell to the ground from the sheer force of the boys punch and with a yell he crumbled to the ground before Darrick. He couldn't comprehend what had happened at first, his hand instinctively grabbing at his cheek as he sat stunned upon the ground, his brain having been rattled inside his skull. 

"You've got my attention now! What Austin! what else do you possibly have to say to make up for this!" Darrick now faced Austin, his face twisted with anger and chest heaving with adrenaline. Austin sat stunned for a long minute, staring up  after he'd dropped to the ground while clasping his cheek and wincing at his ribs. His tongue was soaked in the taste of blood already and his jaw began to throb. Bruised and shocked, he stumble over his words as he faced the giant boy before him.

"I-I" he started, blinking up at the black head boy not knowing what to say now. He had something planned, he had something to say but lost it into the recesses of his mind after being punched. He could taste the words on his tongue, actually.. he could taste something metallic now.

"That's what I thought, nothing! Pathetic" Darrick growled and turned his back to the Backnott captain on the ground, moving to leave again. Austin's anger was almost cartoonish, so lost in that moment along with the pain in his cheek that tormented his brain. It started in Austin's eyes first, growing wild, then a tension of his muscles, an inability to think clearly soon followed. The rational austin was offline, he didn't feel intimidated, didn't feel scared. The primitive austin who usually came out to play when competing on the field growled from within 

Austin had no rational thoughts and without thinking or realising what he was doing he simply acted in an attempt to stop the other boy. Austin scrambled to his knees and reached out and grabbed the foot of Darrick, only to pull him back to the ground with one mighty tug. The large boy didn't have time to realise what had happened and came crashing down to the ground, head smacking against the dirt with a loud shout and sending a cloud of dirt into the air around them. Austin wasted no time, his fists couldn't stay by his sides a second longer, now climbing atop of the boy he brought a clenched fist to Darricks face, able to bloody his nose with simply three hits before being easily thrown off. Darrick being much stronger and larger then he. Grunting as Austin hit the ground again, he wheezed, straining against the pain in his ribs trying to ignore the muscles in his body crying out in agony.

"You prick!" Darrick shouted from where he lay on the ground clutching his nose. Austin didn't waste a second to let himself recover,  clambering to his feet to charge with a mighty cry, Darrick quickly sitting up to regain his balance only to dodge to the side in one fluid move as Austin pounced again. Austin thrust his fist forward, aiming for his nose in the hopes of breaking it but was stopped in his tracks by Darricks hand, grabbing onto Austin's wrist to only push him away with a strong shove. Austin stumbled onto the ground, letting out a loud grunt as his entire body strained to stop. His body still ached from the beating he'd received the night before at his own house by Finnick and now Darrick too! He didn't seem to catch a break. Shakily climbing to his feet, he wiped at the jewelled blood that dripped from his lip with the back of his hand, chest heaving and cheek swollen.