Thirty-Six: Safety

If you like Austin and enjoy the 'Living with the Giants' universe, check out my new story
~LIVING WITH A TINY~

Thirty-Six: Safety

[A U S T I N]

Austin slipped his hand into the pocket of his track pants once again, brushing his fingers till they wrapped around the width of Darricks small body, ignoring as he squirmed against his grip trying to not make it obvious to Lenny that he had a tiny Darrick in his pocket. He could feel the tiny boys heart beating against the palm of his hand, his own matching pace with his now tiny friend. They had argued before Austin had walked up to Lennys door, Austin feeling incredibly uncomfortable having Darrick so close to his crotch within his pocket. He could feel his small frame with every passing second, his cheeks red as the small body rested on his thigh. Swallowing he tried to push down his embarrassment in front of Lenny, not wanting to be red and break their cover.

"She's just over here" Lenny spoke as he opened his bedroom door, ausyin shifting on the balls of his feet as he peered inside the room, amongst the litter of clothes  rubbish he saw as Lenny  moved over to his desk he could see a cage and Tess cowering inside. She looked so small, scared as she sat trembling in a curled up ball. He'd never seen her like this, so scared and broken. He could see a bit of bruising on her arm, noticing how she clutched it to her chest as if in pin. Biting at his lip as he walks over, he watched as Lenny picked up the cage, peering inside at the tiny girl before giving it a violent shake. Austin had to force his feet to stay planted on the ground, wanting to reach forward and grab the cage to stop Lenny from shaking her. She was so easily thrown around.

"We have company, your old friend Austin is here" Lenny smirked and placed the cage upon the bed finally, pulling open the cage door to retrieve Tess who squirmed in his grasp.

"Austin! Thank god! H-Help me!"  Tess cried then and his heart sunk, her small face lit up as they made eye contact. He held her gaze, trying to hide his frown as he slowly sat down to bring his hand up to wrap around her "yes! thank you" she whimpered, clinging onto his fingers that held her and hugging him. Austin's breath became shaky as he looked at her, keeping his grip loose and gently, trying to avoid touching her arm. He had to do it, he hated it but knew he had to play Lennys game.

"Why on earth would I help you?" Austin shuddered at his own words, seeing as her eyes snapped back up to look at him, despair written in her eyes "I would never help a rat like you" Austin chuckles, looking to Lenny to see the other boy smirking. Austin could feel Darrick squirm against his other hand in his pocket, hitting at his hand clearly angry that he was being held back from Lenny and also by Austin's choice of words. Austin swallowed and turned his eyes to Tess again, unable to hold back the frown on his lips as he saw her stare up at him with those blue eyes. Looking lost.

"Wh-what.. Austin, why are you being like this?" Tess spoke softly, nearly whisper as she clutched onto his finger. He opened his mouth, looking to Lenny seeing the boy eyeing the tiny girl maliciously.

"You really thought we were friends? ~ I could never be friends with a human." Austin felt his heart ache as he gently squeezed at Tess, making her yell in response, shocked by the action. It wasn't hard but it was enough to scare her little soul.

"W-what.. what?" Tess stuttered, large tears welling in her eyes

"~don't you see? I played you, Tess"  Austin pursed his lips together and a fake smirk reflected on his face, he hoped she could see in his eyes, could see he hated every second of this. Austin didn't mean it, it was all apart of the plan to get Darrick into the room and Lenny distracted to not suspect what was happening.