Fifteen: A Ride Home

"Dad! I can explain!"

His heart was pounding and his cheeks probably would have paled at this point. He knew he was in trouble, knew he'd been caught. Knew he was dead!

"no need to explain, it's fine. She explained everything. They went upstairs" the confusion that was on Austin's face must have shown cause Brian chuckled and smiles, giving a wink toward his son before turning to go into the kitchen.

What? She already explained? They? Did that mean Tess was home. Who was they? Eyes widening he slowly turned his eyes to the stairs and reached for the railing as he slowly eased up like a cat his stepped cautiously and quietly.

Who was in his room. He was unsure what to expect when he moved to open his door, or who to expect? Brows furrowed he shifted his bag uneasily on his back, on edge and confused as he reached his bedroom door. It was ajar and he could hear voices inside.

Female voices.

With one hand he pushes the door open slowly, its hinges squeaking, painful on the ears. Eyes widening, he loooked inside and as he peered in he saw a body sitting on the edge of his bed!

"What the f-?"

~~~

I stood alone for what seemed to be an eternity waiting for Austin to come pick me up. He'd clearly forgotten about me and I didn't know if I should be mad or upset, especially after he avoided me also at lunch.

Jules and Cherry had stayed for as long as they could before their buses left and they had to rush away through the giant students to get on. It was intimidating to say the least. Each one of them, loud chatting and laughing in groups, towering over me.
Two girls walked past me, talking loud with laughter in their voices about a sleepover they had and how fun it was. Remembering my old friends, I frowned and dropped my head, strawberry blonde locks coming into view while twisting my toe into the ground as I waited.

This was so embarrassing. Looking up i frowned as the grounds began to empty, silence taking hold of the air and staying there, heavy and lasting. Sighing, I began to list my options. I could just go get the bus by myself, but I didn't know which one was mine. I could go back inside, sit there and hopefully Austin would turn up.

He was so irresponsible, she couldn't believe she'd actually been forgotten about again. It was the car situation all over again. He just forgot all about her. Groaning, I began to pace back and forth in front of the small doors, not caring who saw as I tried to work up courage to go over to the bus stops myself or make a decision on whether I should just stay or not.

"Excuse me?" I gasped hearing a large voice above me, my heart nearly leapt into my throat. I was so focused on how to get home and how annoyed I was at Austin that I didn't even notice the giant girl walk over to me who was now looming, looking down at me with large green eyes.

Giving a hesitant smile, I take a step back feeling uneasy at this stranger and at the sheer size of her. "H-hi" I swallowed tightly, my words being unintentionally soft. I didn't mean to, but just the size of giants wasn't something easy to get use to.

The girl had long brown legs were like trees towering over me, she had white sneakers on and shorts with a loose fitting black top. She was pretty, with large green eyes and long lashes that curled lusciously. Full lips smiled down at me so kind and sweet. She would be smaller than Austin and was delicate-featured it seemed if she were my size. Pretty in a flawed, accessible way. But what was most interesting about this girl was her shaved head, black hair that had grown out a bit from her head. This girl could pull it off, she looked effortlessly beautiful