Chapter Four: Strawberry Champagne

Ozge paced back and forth trying to see if a taxi passes by. The road was all too lonely. She couldn't believe he'd really speed off and leave her!

"I hope your car breaks down, Mr. Architect!" Ozge exclaimed.

The streets were already silent in this part of the city. The eerie, cold breeze kissed Ozge's skin and it made her shiver. She wrapped her scarf around her shoulders in an attempt to keep herself warm. The sky, however, were full of stars. It almost made the whole thing beautiful, except for the fact that she was alone in the streets, with no ride, no one to accompany her, and has a fifty-one percent chance that she could get mugged by thugs in the area.

Ozge started to get scared and took out her phone. And feeling as if the odds were not in her favor, her phone had died. She had forgot to charge it while she was on the plane.

"Seriously?" she muttered to herself. "I swear this is all because of Can Yaman. Misfortune has fallen upon me because of Mr. Misfortune himself."

What on earth am I going to do now?

"Ozge?" a voice asked.

Ozge turned around to see who it was. She smiled when she saw her childhood friend, Devrim Ataman, in his motorcycle.

Devrim Ataman is Ozge's childhood friend. He has also been working in the Gurel Strawberry Farm for as long as she could remember. He had been there through everything Ozge experienced in her childhood. Even through her father's death. Devrim had been her companion.

"Devrim! I'm so glad to see you!" she said, hugging him.

Devrim hugged her back, lingering. She pulled away and smiled at him.

"Ozge, why are you still here? Did you just get back from Bulgaria?" Devrim asked.

"I did! And unfortunately, I can't call or text my cousins to pick me up since my phone just died. Can you please take me home, Devrim?" she said, holding his hand.

"Of course, Ozge. Hop on," he said, giving Ozge a helmet.

Ozge promptly rode on the back of the motorcycle, hugging Devrim from behind. He smiled, making sure she was holding onto him. Then they rode off.

***

Can kept looking at the rearview mirror, wondering if Ozge was alright.

Maybe I should go back, he thought. I mean, it's already 9 PM, she could get mugged by random thugs in the area.

Ugh. Whatever. She said she'd be fine on her own.

But what if she isn't? What if she was in danger?

"Hey, Halis," Can said, talking to his driver. "She'll be fine, right?"

"Who are you referring to, Sir?"

"The girl we just left. Are there still taxis by this time of night?" Can asked.

"Sometimes, Sir, but very rare to come by," Halis said, focusing on the road.

"Really?" Can said, as he imagined Ozge sitting by the sidewalk, hopelessly waiting for a taxi to come.

"Is that area safe? Like, there aren't gangsters at that part of the road, right?"

"There was a dispatch precisely last week, Sir, of a woman raped and butchered in that area..." Halis started to say, which made Can's eyes widen. "Yeah... I'm pretty confident it was around that area."

"WHAT?" Can exclaimed.

"What's wrong, Sir Can?" Halis asked, agitated by Can's reaction.

"Halis, we have to go back," Can said, thinking of every possible way that could harm Ozge at that moment.