Chapter Fifty-Seven: Everything Has Changed

"My love, are you okay?"

Kerem asked Hande as she stared at the cold marble table, fiddling with her hands.

Hande couldn't take her mind off of Serkan the whole day. The vision she saw the other night... The voice...

"It sounded a lot like him..." she muttered.

"What is that?" Kerem said as he carried the Turkish tea pot to the table.

"Nothing, I just..." Hande started to say. "I remembered something important. The problem is, I can't remember what I remembered."

"What?" Kerem chuckled.

Hande laughed a little and ran her hands through her hair.

"Nothing. Let's eat dinner."

***

"How was your first day?"

Serkan asked Melisa as they walked through Giardino Di Fiori, a huge garden of roses in the outskirts of Rome.

The garden wasn't as crowded as it was, and Serkan thought it was probably because it was Friday. People would be out at the bar with friends.

Melisa walked ahead of him as she paced around, desperately looking for something.

"What are you looking for?" Serkan asked.

"There are usually fireflies around here," Melisa frowned, as she gripped her sling bag.

"They say they don't come out when it's going to rain," Serkan smiled as they stopped before the railing, the citt lights of downtown Rome shining in the distance. "And it looks like it's going to rain. It's impossible to see them today."

"That's unfortunate," Melisa said, softly. "I catch them and make a wish whenever I miss my brother and sisters. We used to do it back in Istanbul."

"I used to do it with my mom as a kid too," Serkan said, looking at the field of roses. "Mom used to wish for impossible things. Then she told me she wished for someone like Dad through a firefly, and he came. She said the right person would make impossible things happen."

Melisa looked at him intently and smiled.

"If there was a firefly right now, what would you wish for?" she asked. "Close your eyes."

Serkan chuckled and closed his eyes. As if commanded, a single firefly came and flew in front of them and Melisa caught it gently.

"I just wanna be happy," Serkan whispered. "And to find the one who makes the impossible things happen."

Melisa let go of the firefly as Serkan opened his eyes. He gasped lightly and swore the lights looked like stars in Melisa's eyes.

"How did you do that?" Serkan said, still not believing what he saw.

"I didn't do anything," Melisa laughed. "The firefly just flew in front of me when you closed your eyes."

Serkan smiled as he looked at her.

"You look different tonight," he said, taking a strand of her hair and tucking it behind her ear.

Ring, ring.

Serkan's phone rang. He took it out of his pocket and answered.

"Hello?"

"Serkan, will you come over at my house tomorrow night?" Hande asked.

***

"You should go talk to him."

Gultem said as she and Ozge went to the buffet table together.

Giancarlo, Ozge, Efe, and Gultem were now in a candlelit dinner with a string quartet playing a lively tune beside them.

"I tried to," Ozge sighed. "He still hates me."

"He doesn't hate you," Gultem said. "You just need a moment. Hold on."

Gultem put her plate down and walked over to the string quartet. She whispered something and they nodded. Just then, La Vie En Rose played.

"Come on, let's dance," Gultem grinned, taking Efe's hand and pulling him to the dance floor.

Ozge laughed as she watched them, thinking how perfect they were for each other. Then she glanced at Giancarlo, who watched Efe and Gultem as he took a sip of his wine.

***

Gultem gave Giancarlo a look, gesturing her head towards Ozge.

"What?" Giancarlo mouthed.

"Ask Ozge to dance with you," Gultem mouthed back.

Giancarlo shook his head and poured some more wine into his glass, glancing at Ozge every now and then. He sighed and stood up, walked towards Ozge, and offered his hand.

"Will you dance with me?" he said, softly.

Ozge smiled as she took his hand, letting him lead her to the dance floor. Giancarlo put his left arm on her waist, and his right hand holding hers.

They slow danced as the music played, the lights reflected in their eyes. Giancarlo stared at Ozge the whole time.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Ozge asked.

"Just thinking," Giancarlo said. "What if you never ran away from our wedding? What if we were happily married now? Looking at you right now, it feels like nothing has changed. That's not true, of course. Everything has changed. You're not my Ozge anymore. And I'm not your Can anymore."

"Can, will you please listen---"

"Miss Ozge, my mind has not changed about my decision to tear down the building. And I don't believe you can convince me with just a few hours left," he said.

"A few hours left? What do you mean?" Ozge asked.

"I'm going back to Istanbul tomorrow. My business here in Rome is concluded for now. Besides, Milani Group had just built Milani Tower in Istanbul. I'm expected to be there tomorrow," Giancarlo said. "But we will be having our last meeting with Timoteo at 10 AM tomorrow morning at his architectural firm. I expect you to be there too. I have a surprise for your boyfriend."

"Surprise?"

"You'll see," Giancarlo said as he stopped dancing, said goodbye to Efe and Gultem, and went back to his room.

***

"Melisa, when are you coming back to Istanbul?"

Canan asked Melisa through a video call. Melisa put the cilantro leaves on the pan before walking back to her phone.

"Do you miss me that much?" she grinned.

"You know I do!" Canan exclaimed. "Besides, Dad isn't getting any younger, sister. He really wants you home."

Melisa sighed and gave her sister a reassuring smile.

"Soon, Canan. I just have some things to do here. I will be home soon."

A/N:

Hey y'all! What do you guys think of this chapter??? A lot of tea brewing.... Comment if you're Team Melisa or Team Hande! :) I'm as oblivious as you on this one hahaha vote and comment, loves. See you soon. I love you!