Chapter Twenty-Eight: Home

"Mr. Can? It's so early for you to be home," Tulay Ersoz, a fifty-five year old woman and Can's nanny ever since he was a kid, said.

"I'm feeling under the weather, Miss Tulay," Can said, sitting down on the couch, rubbing his temples.

"Do you want me to call a doctor or an ambulance, Mr. Can?" Miss Tulay asked.

"No, thanks. I'll just go rest in my room," Can said, getting up.

"As you wish, Mr. Can."

***

Yildirim grabs his coffee from his desk, drinking it down. He would need the caffeine today since he didn't have any sleep at all last night. New information about Demet Ozdemir's death just re-surfaced, given to him by his team.

"Now let's see..." Yildirim muttered.

He took out the pictures in the envelope, spreading them out one by one in his desk. The picture of Demet's white car was there along with the old red Cadillac owned by Ozge. He looked at the identity card of the owner of the red Cadillac that crashed onto Demet's.

227674357

Ozge Gurel, Female, February 5, 1987

9627147385

Just then, he took out another envelope that contained Demet's autopsy results. It had never been seen before. Yildirim's team had to pay for the information from the police. Apparently, the police was given 50 million US dollars to keep everything about Demet's death a secret. It wasn't even on the news.

Yildirim opened the envelope containing Demet's autopsy report, and he widened his eyes as he read Demet's cause of death.

Cause of death: Asphyxiation by a drug called, 'Pavulon.'

Asphyxiation is the state or process of being deprived of oxygen, which can result in unconsciousness or death; suffocation.

"Oh my goodness," Yildirim muttered, then he looked at the other documents that were sent along with the autopsy report.

***

Ozge paced the Gurel strawberry farm, helping the farmers harvest strawberries. She'd been there all day; telling Serkan she couldn't go to work today. He graciously permitted her and told her to go back to work when she was feeling better.

She sat on the grass, under the tree that was ten meters away from the field. She had missed working in the farm. It was way more peaceful, the city had made her forget how to be at peace. Ozge grabbed a strawberry and bit into it, savoring the taste. Strawberries has always been her favorite, it's always been her and Kadir's favorite.

"Ozge!"

Ozge turned around and saw Evren running to her.

"Evren? What are you doing here?" Ozge said. "Don't you have work?"

"I do but I told Diletta I can't come today. Besides..." Evren said, then she put her head on Ozge's shoulder. "I miss you, best friend. I wanna spend time with you today. I hope you're not mad at me anymore..."

Ozge smiled. "I'm not mad anymore, Evren. After all, you did it to protect me. Thank you."

"I'm sorry, Ozge. I'm sorry we had to keep it from you," Evren said.

"I understand, Evren," Ozge said, hugging Evren.

"So..." Evren said. "How are you and Can?"

Ozge frowned and sighed. "I broke up with him last night. Maybe I should just accept, Evren, that Can and I aren't meant to be together. That maybe I should just walk away. I'm gonna tell him everything tonight."