Chapter Fourteen: The Engagement; The Past

"What? Why?"

Ozge asked as Serkan twirled her around.

"Because Can likes you. You're important to him," Serkan said.

Ozge looked at Can. "Don't be ridiculous. We're just friends. And Can---"

"I can see the way he looks at you, Ozge," Serkan laughed. "He doesn't look at other women that way."

Ozge couldn't help but smile at what Serkan said. Can likes her? But... what does that even mean for her? She's not yet sure what she feels for him. I mean, she doesn't like it when Can is with Diletta... or if she thought about it, she couldn't stand seeing him with any other girl either.

Serkan observed Ozge's expression and laughed.

"Anyway, Mr. Derya is very important to Can. Mr. Derya is the wealthiest man in all of Turkey. Yes, even richer than Can's mother. He is among the top 20 of the world's richest people, having a net worth of 59 Billion US dollars. Mr. Derya and Can's father were best friends and they built a company together. That company is now the very famous company that Can's mother now owns. Signing a deal with Mr. Derya will not only mean success for Can, but for his mother to be proud of him as well."

Ozge looked at Serkan, still processing everything he's saying.

"See, Can may not say it but he loves his mother. And he wants her to be proud of him," Serkan said. "I don't really need Mr. Derya, quite frankly. I am already very successful and rich. My net worth of 500 Million US dollars is more than enough for me. But I do it because I wanna compete with Can. I have to be better than him."

"Why are you so obsessed with competing with Can?" Ozge asked. "Weren't you best friends?"

Serkan stopped swaying and Ozge let go of him. He had the same smug smile on his face.

"So, will you do it, Miss Ozge?" Serkan said. "If you accept my offer, I can guarantee a hundred percent that Mr. Derya will partner with Can."

"No!" Ozge said. "I can't betray Can like that. I'm... loyal to him."

Serkan chuckled.

"Always love over work, aren't you?" Serkan said. "I'm not in a rush, Miss Ozge. You can give me your answer at a later date. Think about it for now, alright? Think about Can. And how this will greatly help him."

Ozge turned to Can who was already heading to their direction.

"Ozge, will you dance with me?" Can said, holding out his hand.

And relief washed over Ozge like a waterfall. It was nice to hear Can's voice saying her name. She didn't wanna listen to anything else. She smiled and nodded, holding his hand as she took her in his arms, holding her close. Their faces were so close to each other that she could smell his perfume. He smelled nice. Like strawberries.

"What were you two talking about?" Can asked, almost in a whisper.

"Nothing," Ozge said, trying to think of what to say. "Serkan was just asking me about my day."

"Yeah. He seems too curious about you lately," Can said, frowning.

Ozge smiled and leaned in closer. "You don't like it?"

"No," Can said, silently.

"Why not?" Ozge asked.

Can smiled, leaning closer. "I think you know why, Miss Ozge."

Ozge smiled, putting her hands behind Can's neck. "Is it possible that Can Yaman is jealous?"

Can chuckled, leaning closer that their noses touch.