Chapter Sixty-Four: Regret

"How is freedom treating you?"

Petronella Milani, Can's foster mother, asked Guldem Yaman.

"It feels surreal, Petronella," Guldem said, smiling. Something she had never done in five years. "I can't believe I'm free."

"But with a price, Guldem," Petronella frowned. "Your doctor said you're dying in two months."

"I think I've lived my life long enough, Petronella," Guldem said. "I have nothing else to wish for except... for Can to have a better life. A life without me. And him being in your hands, Petronella, it has brought me great relief. You are my best friend after all, and I trust you with my life."

"Guldem, you have already given me everything. You have given me half of the wealth of Yaman Group and the other half for Can," Petronella said. "Don't you wanna see him at all? He's your son. Don't you wanna see him before you die?"

"I don't think he wants to see me, Petronella," Guldem said, her voice cracking. "Five years without me has brought Can a better life. I don't wanna take that away from him again. I regret everything I did, Petronella. If only I could take it all back... But I can't. All I can do now is face the consequences. And one of them is Can hating me."

"Sooner or later, he will find out the truth, Guldem," Petronella sighed. "What are you going to do then?"

Guldem sighed and looked outside, scared of the thought of Can seeing her again.

A/N:

Short update for tonight! Another update later! Missed y'all! Please vote and comment what you think about this chapter! :)