Chapter Twenty-One: The Fight For True Love

Devrim and Evren went out of the haunted house with Evren bored and Devrim hyperventilating from the fear. Evren stared at him, a laugh threatening to escape her lips.

"What?" Devrim said.

"Nothing. You were just soooo brave inside," Evren chuckled. "Looks like Ozgur Cevahir got you with his house of horrors."

Devrim laughed and shook his head.

"So where do we go now?" he asked, looking around.

"Let's ride the Ferris wheel," Evren said. "I used to ride it every summer when I was a kid."

"Let's go," Devrim said, taking Evren by the hand and dragging her to where the Ferris wheel ticket booth was.

Istanbul at night is probably one of the best views anyone would ever see, especially when you're high up. Devrim and Evren silently watched the view as the Ferris wheel stopped for a while. They could smell the ocean breeze and the air was fresh. Devrim looked at Evren and saw a tear fell from her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Devrim asked.

Evren chuckled and wiped a tear. "I'm fine, I just... remembered my mom. Where could she be, you know? Is she doing well? Does she have a new husband? Does she have a family? I hope she sleeps well at night. I hope she thinks of me like I think of her all the time. I miss her."

Devrim smiled wistfully, holding Evren's hand. "I'm sure she misses you too. She's probably looking at the same sky as you right now."

Evren smiled. "That's sort of beautiful. Thanks, Devrim."

Devrim and Evren stared at each other for a moment. And it felt like time slowed down. And it was only them. Evren leaned in and closed her eyes when the Ferris wheel suddenly moved.

"Whoa," they both exclaimed.

Evren was pushed by the impact to Devrim who immediately caught her and held her close to him. They looked at each other, their faces an inch apart.

"Are you okay?" Devrim asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Evren cleared her throat and pulled away from him.

They both looked around awkwardly, wondering what to say to change the subject.

"Let's eat dinner?" they both said in unison.

They laughed at the little choir they did and got out of the Ferris wheel cart, left the carnival, and went to a nearby restaurant.

***

Can and Ozge held hands as they walked back to the car. Ozge laced her fingers through Can's as he kissed her forehead. Can held the telescope on his free hand, immediately putting it in the back seat as soon as they got to the car.

"Thank you for tonight, tatlı aşk (sweet love)," Ozge said as Can opened the car door for her.

"Where do you wanna eat? It's still early," Can said, getting into the driver's seat.

"I think I'll be eating dinner at the house tonight, love. I miss eating with Mom and Evren," Ozge said. "Is it okay?"

Can chuckled. "Of course, my love. I'll take you home then."

Ozge nodded, giving Can a kiss on the cheek.

"Good evening!" Ozge exclaimed as soon she went inside the house.

Perran and their cooks all looked at her, then at each other. She twirled as she found her way to the dining table, sitting down.

"Ozge? Are you okay?" Perran said, immediately running to touch her forehead. "You don't seem to have a fever..."