Chapter Thirty: The Secret

"Here."

Hande held Serkan's hand and pulled him to a small restaurant with low hanging yellow lights. It was peaceful-looking, there were also not a lot of people there. The view of the ocean and the famous Bosphorus bridge.

"What is this place?" Serkan said, holding her hand tighter.

"It's my favorite Manti restaurant," Hande said. "I go here with my mom every time when I was a kid. It's not very famous and it's also very cheap which makes it awesome."

Serkan pulled a seat for her and she sat down, Serkan sitting across from her shortly after. Serkan looked around, admiring the place.

"Is it your first time to be in a local restaurant, Mr. Serkan?" Hande asked. "Serkan Cayoglu in a local eatery. The press will eat it up."

"I've actually only been to a few local restaurants. This is definitely my first eating behind a mall in a small subdivision," Serkan smiled. "I think I like these places better. Expensive restaurants are only pleasing to the eyes but they don't really satisfy you."

"Right?" Hande beamed, and Serkan loved the galaxies in her eyes. "My Dad loves fancy restaurants and I never get satisfied with the food. Mom takes me here whenever we're hungry. We don't even tell Dad sometimes."

"Your relationship with your parents is beautiful," Serkan said. "Something only chosen people have. I think it's nice."

Hande stared at him, narrowing her eyes.

"Why did you come here with me, Mr. Serkan?" Hande smiled. "I'm sure you have a lot of things to do, but you chose to spend the whole day with me."

"Am I not allowed to, Miss Hande?" Serkan grinned. "Besides, if we weren't together right now, I'd still be in Dad's party. I think this is better."

Hande smiled as she stared at him for a while. She knew he was handsome before, but he looked different tonight. He was almost glistening under the yellow light. Kind of beautiful, actually, she thought.

"So, what are you having?" Serkan said.

Hande's thoughts were interrupted and she cleared her throat.

"I'm having their famous Manti," Hande said. "What about you?"

"I'll have that too."

Hande called the waiter and told him their order. Serkan stared at Hande, admiring her features.

"So... I'm guessing you didn't like the food at your Dad's party?" Hande said. "You could be having that right now, you know."

"No, I did like it. It was delicious," Serkan said. "What you would expect from a 5-star hotel. 10/10 would recommend."

"10/10?" Hande laughed. "Then why are you here, Mr. Serkan?"

Serkan laughed. Just then, the waiter came and gave them their food.

"Bon appetit," Hande said, and they both ate.

***

"I'm sorry, Guven."

Guldem sobbed as she held Guven's picture. She could still remember how she left him when she thought she didn't love him, only to regret it when Guven died from a heart attack because he was depressed.

Can had blamed Guldem for Guven's death. All his life, it was bubbling under the surface of his emotions. The hatred Can felt for his mother.

"I'm so sorry..." Guldem said as she hugged Guven's picture frame.

Ten years ago.

Guven packed his bags and hurried to the front door as Guldem sobbed in front of him. He was leaving. He'd had enough of her.

"Guven... please... I'm sorry..." Guldem said as tears fell from her eyes.

"You're saying sorry to me, Guldem?" Guven asked, looking at her intently. "Apologize to the people you've hurt. I can't believe you *muffled voice*. I'm leaving. I can't believe I married someone like you."

"You---you're not going to *muffled voice*, aren't you?" Guldem asked.

"Oh, I am," Guven retorted. "You should *muffled voice*."

"No!"

Guldem immediately took out her gun from a nearby drawer and shot Guven in the back. Guven fell to the ground and stopped breathing. Guldem dropped the gun and sat on the floor, crying.

"I'm sorry, Guven," Guldem whispered, as she remembered everything that happened ten years ago.

***

Ozge woke up as the sun's UV rays hurt her eyes. Daylight flooded the living room and made it warmer. Ozge slowly opened her eyes, smiling when she saw Can still sleeping in front of her. He had his arms secured around her, making it difficult for her to move. She touched his forehead and noticed his fever had went down. She slowly lifted his arm and stood up, adjusting her shirt, looking at the envelope that contained the documents.

Should she tell him now?

Just then, Can woke up and groaned. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at Ozge.

"Ozge?" Can said. "Why are you still here?"

"Well, I took care of you last night because you had a fever," Ozge said. "You also had a nightmare. You asked me to stay."

"I did?" Can said, getting up.

"Don't you remember everything you said?" Ozge said, feeling a pang of pain in her chest.

"Not really..." Can muttered. "I'm just gonna go get water to drink."

He walked past her as Ozge's tears welled up her eyes. She took out a pen and paper, writing on it, and leaving it on the desk with the envelope that contained the documents.

***

Evren paced to Yaman Holdings, already at the entrance. She took out her phone to call Ozge. She hadn't spoken to her since last night and she didn't come home.

No answer. It looked like Ozge's phone was turned off.

"Ah, Ozge, ah," Evren muttered. "Where are you?"

Evren tried calling Ozge again as she stepped inside the building by the front desk. She was looking around when she heard a familiar voice. A voice she'd know anywhere.

"Where is Miss Diletta Leotta's office?" the familiar voice asked.

"On the thirteenth floor, Ma'am," the front desk lady said.

Evren turned around, her heart pounding. And she was right.

She would know that long, blonde hair anywhere. And that voice. And those blue eyes. It was her mother. Her mother was right in front of her.

"Mom?" Evren said.

The woman turned to her and widened her eyes.

***

Can finished taking a shower and changing his clothes. He put on his rolex and hurriedly went downstairs. He found the living room empty, with only a note and an envelope on the table.

"Ozge?" Can called.

Ozge was nowhere to be found in the living room. Can took the piece of paper on the table and read:

Can, I went home. I'm glad you're feeling better. Also, that envelope right there has everything you need to know about your fiance's death. I know when you've read it, you might not want to see me ever again. Thank you for everything, Can. Goodbye.

Ozge

Can raised an eyebrow, as he took the envelope and opened its contents.