Chapter Twenty-Six: She Lied

Ozge slowly walked to the front of Can's office in Yaman Holdings, holding her resignation letter, with her heart in her hands. She never knew resigning from a job would be this hard. Her tears were fighting to fall from her eyes and they did. She wiped them off immediately, opening the door to Can's office.

The office was quiet and there was nobody around. This as a relief to Ozge. She looked around, relishing the room, knowing she might be here for the last time. Ozge put down the envelope, her tears falling.

"Goodbye, Can," Ozge whispered as if Can could hear her.

Just then, the door opened and Ozge immediately wiped her tears. She turned around to see who it was. It was Diletta.

"Ozge? What a surprise," Diletta said, smiling mischievously. "Can's not here."

"I know. I just came here to give my resignation letter," Ozge said.

"You're resigning?" Diletta asked, shocked by this information. "Well, that's too bad."

Ozge sneered. "Come on, Diletta. We all know you're glad I'm resigning. You don't have to keep up the charade. We're the only ones here."

Diletta scowled. "Ha. You're right, Ozge. I am glad that you're resigning. I knew you were a smart girl. And I also know a secret you've been hiding from Can."

Ozge raised an eyebrow. "Secret? What secret?"

Diletta laughed menacingly. "Come on, Ozge, don't play dumb. You know, the one where you killed Can's ex-fiance, Demet Ozdemir."

Ozge's eyes widened and her heartbeat quickened. How? How did Diletta know about her secret. She felt her knees weaken, but she stood strong.

"Ho-how did you know?" Ozge said, almost stuttering.

"Of course I had you investigated. And now, I finally have something against you, Ozge Gurel," Diletta grinned. "Looks like you're not that of a good girl, after all. Poor Can. He doesn't know his current girlfriend is his ex-fiance's murderer. I can just imagine Can's face when I tell him about this."

Ozge sneered. "Don't worry, Diletta, I'm telling Can myself so you don't have to."

Diletta made a face at Can and Ozge rolled her eyes and left the room. She sighed heavily, calming herself down. She took out her phone and called Serkan, telling him she was on her way to Cayoglu Holdings.

***

Can paced around his office in Strawberry Place trying to call Ozge.

No answer.

She has been evidently avoiding him since last night. Can figures she must have seen the news and thought it as real. He also went to the Gurel house but one of their maids said Ozge had already left.

Can sat down on his couch an stared at the ceiling.

"Ozge, where are you?" Can muttered.

Just then, Efe knocked on the door and went inside, seeing Can's sullen expression.

"Can, are you okay?" Efe said.

Can shook his head. "Ozge has been avoiding me since last night. She isn't here today and she isn't answering any of my calls. I don't know what to do. I feel so lost. I miss her. And I feel like her family is mad at me as well. Aunt Perran won't even talk to me when I got there."

"I'll try calling Evren to ask where Ozge is," Can said taking his phone out to call Evren.

Evren was cleaning Diletta's desk when her phone rang. She took it out and saw it was from Can. Her eyes widened and she accepted the call.