Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Ring

"Can?"

Can slowly walked to Ozge, as her heart pounded. With every step Can took, Ozge breathed it in. She breathed in his presence, his face, the most gorgeous face she has ever seen. His skin sort of glistened under the moonlight, it was pretty in color.

"What are you doing here?" Ozge asked, still not believing Can was right in front of her.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Can said, grinning.

"You came," Ozge smiled. "You came all the way from Turkey."

"Ozge, I love you," Can said, carefully, afraid he might not convey what was written in his heart. "You and I will never lose each other, I will always find you again. No matter how well you hide. I'm unstoppable."

Ozge laughed. "I would never dare stop you."

"Look, Ozge, about Demet's accident..."

"I know," Ozge said.

"How?" Can asked.

"Serkan told me to come to your engagement party and I went," Ozge said. "I heard everything. Thank you for finding the truth out for me, Can."

"Not just that, Ozge," Can said. "I want you to know I was never mad at you. Even when you thought you killed Demet. I was never angry. I just missed you."

Ozge smiled as she wrapped her arms around Can's neck, pulled her to him and kissed him. He kissed her back passionately, placing his hands on her hips.

***

"Miss Diletta, someone came to see you."

Diletta looked up from her jail cell, and beamed as soon as she saw Guldem approach.

"Mrs. Guldem, I'm so glad you're---"

"Shut up, Diletta!" Guldem said, looking at her with disgust. "What the hell happened with your plan, huh?! You literally just let them take the evidence! Why didn't you hide it?!"

"Mrs. Guldem, I swear I thought I already erased every proof!" Diletta exclaimed. "Yildirim was smarter than we thought."

"Of course he's smart!" Guldem said. "He didn't top the bar exam for nothing, Diletta! Were you even thinking at all, Diletta?!"

"Mrs. Guldem, I am so sorry," Diletta said, pleading to Guldem. "But I am a woman of my word. I still kept our deal. Won't you find a way to let me out of here, Mrs. Guldem?"

"Are you crazy, Diletta? How on earth can I get you out of here?" Guldem said, glaring at Diletta. "If you just told me everything beforehand, maybe I would have done something. But it's too late now. The evidence against you is overwhelming. Even I can't save you."

"Well, find a way, Guldem Yaman!" Diletta said. "We had a deal! We had a deal that we would always have each other's backs! You wouldn't want me to tell the court everything, would you?"

Diletta gave Guldem a mischievous smile, and Guldem glared at her.

"Don't you even dare, Diletta Leotta," Guldem said. "Or I will show you ways to die you have never even dreamt of."

Diletta laughed. "I wonder how many years the judge will give you when they find out you killed your own husband, Guven Yaman, in your own home when he found out you gave the order to have Kadir Gurel killed in that helicopter incident?"

Guldem clenched her fist, trying not to remember everything she did. She hated what she did. But there was no going back now.

"Fine," Guldem said, calmly. "Tonight, 9:00 PM, my men will get you out of here and you will be sent to Rome, Italy in my private jet. You better get ready, or my men will leave you here."