Chapter Eleven: The Childhood Friend

"Wow."

Ozge muttered as they both went inside their Imperial Suite.

The imperial suite was huge. It had two bedrooms, a living room area, dining room area, and a huge balcony. They could see the whole hotel & resort from their room. Ozge immediately went outside the Alanya heat, closed her eyes to feel the breeze, and rested her hands on the railing.

Can stood beside her, looking at the view.

"Can, let's go to the ocean and swim," Ozge beamed.

"I can't, but you should go," Can said, then he checked his phone. "I have a meeting in fifteen minutes. I'll catch up with you later when we're done."

"Okay," Ozge smiled and opened her suitcase, looking for her swimsuit.

***

Come on, Devrim. You can do this. Just ask Ozge out for dinner later. You've talked to her a lot of times. This will just be one of them. Except you're asking her for a date, Devrim thought.

"Mrs. Gurel?"

Devrim knocked on their door as he went inside the house. Perran came walking from the kitchen.

"Devrim, what brings you here?" Perran asked.

"Well, Mrs. Gurel, is Ozge home? I have something to ask her," Devrim said.

"Oh, didn't you know? Ozge went to Alanya with Can Yaman," Perran grinned. "Didn't she tell you?"

Devrim's smile turned into a frown. He put his hands in his pockets.

"Oh. No, she didn't," Devrim said, looking down. "I'll, uh, I'll just tell her when she gets back."

"Devrim," Perran said, causing Devrim to turn back to face her.

"I'm sure Ozge just forgot to tell you. It's nothing personal."

Devrim gave her a weak smile and nodded. "Thanks, Mrs. Gurel."

Just then, Evren Uzumcu, Ozge's best friend, just walked past Devrim and into Ozge's house.

Evren Uzumcu is Ozge's best friend since college. They met at Sofia University and instantly became best friends since they were both Turkish and confided with each other in Bulgaria. She was also one of the people who took care of Ozge when she lost her memories. Evren is a tall girl with deep blue eyes, blonde hair, and fair skin. She sat down on their couch, finding relief from the heat. Perran was used to Evren coming to their house unannounced. She was Ozge's best friend, after all.

"Evren, what brings you here? As if I had to ask," Perran laughed.

"Mrs. Gurel, is Ozge home? I need her to come with me to buy something," Evren said.

"Seriously, Ozge never told you guys? She went to Alanya with our client, Can Yaman," Perran said, as she swept the floor.

"Oh, the handsome bachelor that Ozge has a crush on?" Evren beamed, leaning closer to Perran.

"What?" Devrim said, coming back to the house to join the conversation.

"Evren," Perran chuckled. "Ozge doesn't have a crush on Can. They're just friends and business partners. Mr. Can Yaman is our generous client."

"Mrs. Gurel, you can't deny love," Evren said. "Ozge says she hates him now, but you know how the saying goes: the more you hate, the more you love."

Devrim snorted. "Love. As if."

Evren turned to him and narrowed her eyes. "And what are you doing here, Devrim?"

"It's none of your business, Evren," Devrim said. "I have to go, Mrs. Gurel."

"Alright, Devrim!" Perran shouted from the kitchen.

"Wait, Devrim," Evren said, running to him. "I need help. I need to buy supplies for our broken sink since I have to fix it. Can you please help me buy and drive me to the mall?"

Devrim sneered. "And why should I help you?"

"Because we've known each other for years?" Evren said.

"No, thanks," Devrim said, turning around.

"Alright, fine," Evren said. "I'll help you... go on one date with Ozge. Is it a deal?"

Devrim narrowed his eyes at her, thinking for a moment.

"How do I know I can trust you?" Devrim said.

"Guess you'll just have to trust me," Evren grinned.

"Alright," Devrim said. "But you better come through with that promise."

"Yeah, yeah," Evren waved him off, walking to his truck.

***

"Knock, knock."

A girl said as she knocked on Guldem Yaman's hotel room.

"Oh, Diletta! It's so good to see you, my dear!" Guldem said, hugging Diletta.

Diletta Leotta is Can's childhood friend, daughter of the owner of Leotta Airlines in Italy. Her father is Guldem's business partner for many years now. Diletta had blonde hair, brown eyes, and fair skin.

Diletta hugged her back, giving her a present when they pulled away.

"Happy birthday, Mrs. Yaman," Diletta beamed. "How are you enjoying your day? I can see you already got dozens of gifts from sponsors."

A pile of wrapped gifts in different shapes and sizes were laid out on the floor of Guldem's suite. Diletta sat on the bed.

"Thank you, dear. I'm having a great day so far," Guldem said, putting Diletta's gift in one of the pile. "By the way, Can is here too. Should I call him to tell him you've arrived?"

"Oh, no need, Mrs. Yaman. I wanna surprise Can myself," Diletta grinned.

Guldem smiled. "I know how much you love my son. I want him to fall in love with you too. You've been best friends ever since your were kids. You know him more than anyone else in the world. That's why I like you for him."

Diletta smiled. "Thanks, Mrs. Yaman. I hope he thinks of me the same way too. But I think he's still in love with Demet."

"Oh, hush. He'll move on sooner or later. Just don't leave his side. He'll fall in love with you in no time," Guldem said.

Diletta smiled weakly and stood up as she realized Guldem was having a hard time with her long gown. "Oh, do you need help with your gown?"

"Please, dear," Guldem laughed.

***

Ozge turned heads as she walked down the beach wearing a black puff sleeve bralette bikini top and drawstring boyshort bikini bottoms. She ran excitedly to the water when a volleyball hit her on the head. She fell to the sand, touching her forehead.

Just then, a guy came running to her, getting down on one knee and touched her head.

"I'm so sorry, Miss. I think I hit the ball too high," he said.

The guy was handsome. He had light brown hair, brown eyes, and fair skin. He helped Ozge stand up.

"I'm really sorry, Miss---"

"Ozge," Ozge said, still touching her forehead.

"Ozge. I'm Serkan. Serkan Cayoglu," he smiled, holding his hand out to Ozge.

Ozge shook his hand.

"Uh, will you join our volleyball game?" Serkan said, looking at Ozge intently. He had never seen a woman so beautiful.

"I can?" Ozge asked.

"Of course," Serkan said, taking Ozge's hand and leading her to where his friends were.

A/N:

Hi, loves! Double update for today cause why not? :) Please keep voting and commenting, your votes and comments mean the world to me and just keep me going knowing you guys love what I do. Love you all and see you in a few hours <3

P. S. To everyone who's reading, please follow me as well so you can get updates about this book and future Can & Ozge books from me!! Love you xx