Chapter Twelve: The Tale Of Two Lovers

"So that's it for the meeting today. You can go."

Can said as he stood up, adjusting his shirt. He wore a black and white woman line art print shirt, blue and multi bleached wash skinny jeans, and orchid Vans X Opening Ceremony Authentic QLT.

He gathered his documents and Efe immediately walked to him.

"Yo, Can, let's go to the beach," Efe said.

"Yeah, I'm going there now. I promised Ozge I'd join her. She's in the beach now," Can said.

"Oooohhh, so you're gonna hang out? Just the two of you? In the water?" Efe teased, grinning as he nudged Can.

Can looked at him, then they walked to the beach. "It's not like that."

"So, what is it?" Efe said.

They arrived at the beach, noticing how there were like hundreds of people in it. Can looked around for Ozge.

"Just..." Can said, then he saw Ozge and Serkan laughing together.

Can suddenly felt a burst of anger. He clenched his jaw and his fist, then put his hands in his pockets. He slowly approached where Ozge and Serkan were.

"Ozge, what are you doing here?" Can said, looking at Ozge, then glaring at Serkan.

"Can!" Ozge beamed. "I was just playing volleyball with Serkan and his friends. Uhh, Can, this is---"

"We've met," Can said.

"Can and I are childhood friends," Serkan said.

Can smiled and held Ozge's hand, motioning her to stand beside him. Ozge did so, standing beside Can as she looked at him.

"Can, how have you been?" Serkan said, standing up from the table.

"I was doing fine, until you stole my personal assistant from me," Can said, still holding Ozge's hand.

Serkan laughed. "I didn't steal her. She willingly joined me."

"Can, we were just playing volleyball and talking---" Ozge started to say.

"Serkan, she's mine," Can said, confidently.

Ozge's eyes widened and she felt her cheeks heat up. Serkan chuckled, as Can turned around taking Ozge with him. Efe laughed at the small dispute, watching Can and Ozge walking to a small cottage.

Can let go of Ozge's hand and glared at her.

"Why were you with him?" Can said.

"Like I said, we were just playing volleyball---"

"I don't care what you did together," Can muttered. "Serkan is bad news."

"Why? Who is he?" Ozge asked.

"Serkan and I were childhood friends, until our families got into a dispute about company shares a long time ago and now he wants to compete with me in everything," Can said. "He always tries to sabotage anything I do."

"And what does that have to do with me?" Ozge asked.

Can looked at her, wondering about the same thing. What did it have to do with her? And why was he so angry seeing her laughing and talking with Serkan? What did it have to with her other than the fact that he was...

"I just... wanted to warn you about him," Can cleared his throat.

"Well, I didn't need your warning, Can Yaman. I can take care of myself," Ozge said, walking past Can.

"Ozge."

Ozge turned back to Can. "Yes?"

"I thought we were going to the ocean together?" Can said.