Chapter Five: The Millionaire Client

"What are you thinking about?"

Demet asked Can as they slow danced through 'You Don't Know Me' by Michael Buble. The breeze were blowing through their hair, and Can kissed Demet's forehead.

"Just... me and you, and getting married, and having our four kids running around," Can chuckled. "I'm just so excited for what the future has for us, baby."

Demet laughed and kissed his cheeks.

"What do you want? A boy or a girl?" she whispered.

Can titled his head, thinking.

"That depends on you," Can grinned. "Just as long as you're here with me, Demet, I can get through anything."

"Really?" Demet asked, pulling away, her face suddenly turning serious.

"Then why did you let me die, Can? Why didn't you save me?"

Can sat bolt upright in bed, awaken by the dream. The sunlight's UV rays were now hurting his eyes, and he grabbed the curtain remote and closed the curtains.

A dream. Or a nightmare.

Can shook himself awake, immediately running to the bathroom. Turning the faucet on, he splashed water on his face, the coldness trickling in his skin. He looked at himself in the mirror.

He knew Demet's death wasn't his fault, but he still beat himself up about it. If only he called her... if only he was there... if only... if only...

If only what?

He knew he couldn't have done anything. He also knew blaming himself wouldn't bring her back. Not now. Not ever.

Can composed himself and decided to tour Istanbul for the day. He hadn't been here for three years, after all. He'd forgotten most about the city. He had to get to know it again.

Can took a bath, brushed his teeth, wore his yellow classic fit floral print shirt, side-striped distressed moto skinny jeans, and red and yellow racer sk8-hi vans shoes. He called Halis and told him to take him around Istanbul.

Can smiled as he looked out the window, excited to explore the city.

***

Ozge woke up early to immediately go to their strawberry farm. The Gurel Strawberry Farm has been named as the best strawberry farm in all of Istanbul, and most restaurants buy their strawberries from them.

Their strawberry farm was her father's beloved. He took care of the farm all his life, since it was given to him by Ozge's grandfather too. Kadir Gurel, Ozge's father, loved strawberries until the day he died. And Ozge swore to herself that she would take care of the farm for her father.

Ozge wore her black floral print mini dress, a white scarf, and immediately went to where the farmers were. It was only 8 o'clock in the morning, but there were already twenty baskets of strawberries harvested. Devrim immediately went to Ozge as soon as he saw her.

"Good morning, Ozge," he said, smiling.

"Good morning, Devrim," Ozge said. "Amazing! We already harvested twenty baskets and it's only 8 o'clock in the morning!"

"Well, we have a new client today, Ozge," Devrim said. "A recently opened strawberry restaurant in downtown Istanbul called, 'Strawberry Place.' Apparently, the owner is a multi-millionaire, and has already deposited 10 million liras to us."

"Whoa, that's amazing," Ozge beamed. "I'm already feeling today's gonna be a good day. I can't wait to meet this new client. Is it a man or a woman?"