Chapter Thirty-Two: I'm Not Angry, I Miss You

Yildirim slowly opened the curtains, looking outside. It was now 1:00 PM in the afternoon, and Yildirim has been feeling like he was being watched all day. He took his briefcase and put all of the documents inside. He checked his hotel room, making sure he didn't leave any document and immediately got out of the room.

He walked as fast as he could to the elevator and found Diletta's men riding it.

"Hello, Mr. Lawyer," one of them said.

Yildirim took a step backward and swung at them with his briefcase and they stumbled on the floor. He then ran as fast as he could to the stairs when another group of Diletta's men blocked his path.

"Where do you think you're going, Mr. Lawyer?" a guy with a scar on his eyebrow said.

They then proceeded to beat Yildirim up, until his nose bled and his right eye swollen. Just then, the cop's sirens were nearing the hotel and Diletta's men stopped what they were doing.

"Crap!" the guy with the black cap said. "Let's go! The cops are here!"

They left Yildirim on the floor, broken and bruised, coughing up blood. Yildirim clutched his stomach, glad at the fact that he called the police beforehand.

***

"Evren?"

Ozge ran to Evren who she found sitting at an empty seat by the stairs at the thirteenth floor in Yaman Holdings. Evren wiped her tears, collecting herself as Ozge sat beside her.

"What happened?" Ozge asked as she put a hand on Evren's shoulder.

Evren looked ahead, tears welling up in her eyes as she spoke.

"She was there, Ozge," Evren said. "She was right there in front of me. I would know her features anywhere. I would know her voice anywhere. And I called her. But she ran away from me. She ran away from me again."

Ozge hugged Evren, feeling the pain her best friend was feeling.

"It looks like she came here to see Diletta. I'm gonna wait for her," Evren said, wiping her tears.

"Are you sure you can handle it?" Ozge asked.

"Yeah. Thank you, best friend," Evren said, hugging Ozge. "By the way, what happened with you and Can? You stayed the night at his place, right?"

Ozge sighed. "I've told him everything. I left the documents at his table. Maybe now... its really is the end of us."

Evren pouted. "Don't say that, Ozge. Can will understand..."

"Understand what, Evren? That I was the reason his ex fiance died? How can he ever forgive me for that?" Ozge said, the tears welling up in her eyes.

"If he really loves you, Ozge, he will," Evren said, putting a hand on Ozge's shoulder.

Ozge looked down as her tears began to fall. As much as she would hate to lose her truest of true loves, she cannot stop Can from hating her. And maybe he already does. And it broke her thinking about it.

"Evren, if you don't mind, I'm gonna go home. I'm really tired," Ozge said, picking up her bag.

"Of course, Ozge," Evren gave her a comforting smile. "I'll update you on whatever happens with my mother."

"Alright. See you later, Evren," Ozge said.

"See you later," Evren said.

Ozge turned around and walked to the elevator, hoping she could get to their house faster.

***

7:00 PM. Mikla restaurant.

Serkan sat down at the table he had reserved for him and Can to talk. He drank his red wine, nervous of the talk they were about to have. He was about to betray Diletta. Who knows what she'll do to him, but he doesn't care anymore. He could not take the guilt anymore. Can and Ozge were suffering because of Diletta's lies and he knows the truth.