Chapter Thirty-Nine: Heart Of The Matter

"It's good to be finally back in Istanbul."

Evren muttered to herself as she went inside Yaman Holdings. The office was as it had always been, busy. She went to the fifteenth floor and was about to log in, when she remembered something.

"Wait, I forgot. Diletta left," Evren said. "Does that mean I have no job too?"

Evren punched in her time log anyway and went to Diletta's former office, only to find a notice on her desk.

Miss Evren, you will be re-assigned to a new engineer. Please come back on Monday.

Evren smiled and put it back on the desk when she heard talking in Diletta's meeting room. She slowly peaked at the small glass on the door and found Guldem sitting behind the desk inside.

"Diletta, I trust you with your plan," Guldem said, grinning. "And please, for the love of Pete, Diletta, don't get caught again. This time, I won't be able to save you. Alright. Bye."

Evren immediately went outside as soon as Guldem stood up, and ran to the stairs.

"I have to warn Ozge," Evren said. "Gosh, why do I have to always be the one to overhear conversations?"

Evren ran downstairs as she left the building.

***

"Mom, you're coming to Italy next week for the wedding, alright?" Ozge said, grinning. "I can't wait to see you and Yaren."

"Ah, Ozge, my love, congratulations to you and Can," Perran said, as tears welled up her eyes. "You're finally gonna be happy, daughter. I just can't believe this day is coming. I'm so happy."

"Mom, we're not even at the wedding yet and you're already crying," Ozge said, then Can sat down beside her.

"Aunt Perran, I promise to take good care of your daughter," Can said, then he looked at Ozge. "She's everything to me."

"I know you will, Can. Thank you," Perran said.

"Hi, Ozge! Hi, Can! We're going to Italy next week, aren't we?" Yaren beamed as she got into the video call.

"Yes, Yaren. I'll see you next week," Ozge chuckled.

"Aunt Perran, one of my drivers will come pick you up next week Monday to take you to the airport and to my private jet," Can said.

"Alright. Thank you so much again, Can. We'll see you next week. Bye bye," Perran said.

"See you, Mom. Bye bye," Ozge said, then she ended the call.

Ozge turned to Can and held his face.

"I'm so excited for next week, my love," Ozge said. "I can't wait to spend forever with you."

"I love you," Can said, giving Ozge a kiss.

"I love you," Ozge grinned as they pulled away.

***

"Diletta, have you heard? Can and Ozge are getting married," Sofia Rizzo said.

Sofia Rizzo has deep blue eyes, blonde hair, is 5'10" tall, and daughter of two of Italy's most famous doctors, Massimo and Graziana Rizzo. They are at Diletta's mansion in Rome, having lunch.

Diletta rolled her eyes at what Sofia said, and it made her laugh.

"And? What will you do?" Sofia asked. "I'm sure you're not just gonna let them be, right?"

"Of course not, Sofia. You know me," Diletta said. "I've talked to Aunt Guldem about it already. I already have a plan."

***