Chapter Sixty-Five: Felt Betrayed

"NO, NO, NO!"

Timoteo shouted in his living room, smashing the wine glass he was holding.

Kerem wiped his tears as they fell, drinking his tequila.

"Can Yaman already took my beloved sister, Diletta, from me! And now he has Ozge too?!" Timoteo retorted. "No... No... Can Yaman, I will ruin your life and everyone you love."

"Hande left me... Left me for that Serkan..." Kerem sobbed, then he turned to Timoteo. "Timoteo, we have to do something. We have to."

Timoteo laughed and tapped Kerem's arm roughly.

"Just you wait, Kerem. I have another plan in mind."

***

"We should do this often."

Ozge said as she and Can held hands, walking in the streets of Rome.

Can kissed the top of her head, his tall stature perfectly syncing with Ozge's shorter build.

"You're right," Can said smiling, as he looked up the stars. "Rome is really beautiful at night. Maybe I should walk you home everyday, my love."

"I would love that," Ozge said.

They went inside Ozge's condominium building and went up to her floor, stopping just outside her condo door.

"Can, I was thinking... Maybe we should go back to Turkey? Even just for a week. I miss Mom and... I think we should visit your dad's grave as well. I'm sure you miss him."

Can's expression was solemn, like it was a topic he was afraid to bring up.

"I guess it is time," Can said. "We're going back to Turkey in a week. I'm sure Serkan has healed by then. I'm thinking we should bring the others along as well."

"Alright," Ozge grinned, then Can leaned down to give her a light kiss.

"I love you," Can said.

"I love you, see you tomorrow," Ozge said.

Can walked backwards, grinning, not wanting to leave Ozge out of his sight.

"I love you," he mouthed once again, before getting into the elevator.

Ozge laughed and shook her head, taking her keys out. Opening the door, she didn't expect someone to greet her inside.

"Welcome back," Yaren said.

***

Serkan walked with his crutches to the hospital garden, feeling like he needed some fresh air from being inside the hospital all day. The night was calm and nice, the breeze cool in his skin. The moon shone above him and there were red roses in the garden. It was just like that time when he was with...

"Melisa," he whispered, suddenly remembering her.

He felt like that all day. Like something was missing. Like something or someone important was missing. The one with the beautiful laugh, who knew how to cook, and was like the moon.

Melisa.

"I miss you," Serkan muttered under his breath, hoping somehow, somewhere, Melisa would hear it. He picked a rose and turned it around, staring at it. "Why? Why do I miss you? Now that---"

"Serkan."

Serkan turned around and saw Hande grinning, walking up to him. He immediately let go of it, as it landed softly in the grass.

"Hande," Serkan smiled, and Hande kissed his cheeks.

"Here you are," Hande said. "Did you miss going outside?"

Serkan nodded.

"Yeah, I just missed the fresh air," he said. "Where have you been?"

"I did some groceries for us since the doctor said you would be out tomorrow," Hande smiled. "Your father called as well, he said he's coming here to Rome---"

"Hande, we need to go back to Turkey," Serkan said, cutting her off.

***

"Yaren, what a nice surprise."

Ozge beamed, hugging her sister.

Yaren didn't hug her back, still glaring as Ozge pulled away.

"What's wrong?" Ozge asked.

"You're back with Can Yaman, sister?" Yaren said, the bitterness could be heard in her voice.

Ozge chuckled.

"I'm sorry I haven't told you and Mom yet, but yes, we're back together," Ozge said, as she went to the kitchen, feeling uncomfortable by Yaren's presence. "What about you? Why didn't you tell me you're coming here earlier than planned?"

"Why, sister? Don't you want me to come here?" Yaren said, following Ozge to the kitchen. "I guess you didn't want me to know you're back together with the son of Dad's killer, huh?"

Ozge turned around to face Yaren, her eyebrows knitted together.

"Where is this accusation coming from, Yaren?" Ozge said.

"Oh, you know where it's coming from, Ozge!" Yaren retorted. "Hasn't the five years apart taught you anything? You knew! You knew Can Yaman's own mother killed Dad! And you still got back together with him?! Ozge, Dad would be rolling in his grave if he finds out!"

"Can is not to blame!" Ozge exclaimed, triggered by her sister's attitude. "Can never wanted Dad to die! He was a child, Yaren! He had no idea! And on top of that, his father died as well!"

"Ozge, you know what it means to be with Can Yaman, right?!" Yaren shouted. "It means Guldem Yaman will be a part of our lives! Whether you like it or not, Can Yaman is still her son and she will always be a part of his life!"

"Yaren, Yaren," Ozge said, holding her sister's face. "I promise you, Guldem will never be a part of our lives. Can doesn't even want her to be a part of his life. I will never let our father's killer be in any way connected to us, okay?"

Yaren wiped the tears falling from her face.

"But you already did, Ozge," she said, her voice shaky. "You already did by being with Can Yaman. You betrayed us, Ozge. You betrayed me and Mom. All for that guy. You've forgotten your family. I guess this is where we part ways. From this day forward, you no longer have a sister, Ozge Gurel."

Yaren took her handbag and stormed out of Ozge's condominium, slamming the door behind her. Ozge's tears fell as she watched Yaren leave, not wanting to choose between her family and Can.

***

Yaren ran outside the building crying, feeling more betrayed than ever. She could not believe the sister she grew up with was choosing somebody else over them, her own family.

Just then, a car stopped in front of Yaren, a black Lamborghini. It's windows rolled down, revealing a familiar face.

"Yaren, what's wrong?" Timoteo asked.

A/N:

Hey loves! Finally an update! Hahaha. I missed you all! Please vote and comment on this chapter as much as you can. I appreciate them all. Love you, see you in a few hours!