Chapter Twenty-Nine: That's What Love Is

"Can, are you okay?" Diletta said, walking up to Can.

"Diletta," Can said. "What are you doing here? I'm fine."

"Well, Aunt Guldem said you were sick so I thought I'd visit you..."

Diletta sat on the chair beside Can.

"You only get sick when you're upset, Can. Everyone knows this," Diletta said. "Well, maybe not everyone..."

Ozge shook her head at Diletta's remark.

"...but I know because we've been friends since we were kids, right, Can?" Diletta said, holding Can's hand.

" I didn't know that," Ozge said, looking at Can. "Here I am trying to make you feel better with soup when it's something deeper."

"That's fine," Diletta smiled. "I guess I just know Can better."

Ozge stood up and went to the kitchen as Diletta talked to Can.

"Can, do you want me to tell Miss Tulay to bring you anything?" Diletta said.

"No, I'm fine, Diletta," Can said, sitting up. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, since our engagement party will be this Monday, and you're officially now my fiance..." Diletta said, then she leaned closer. "I just thought maybe we could spend time together and I can take care of you."

Can saw Ozge watching them from the kitchen and pulled Diletta closer to him.

"So you're worried about me?" Can said, trying to make Ozge jealous.

Diletta smiled, playing with Can's collar. "Yeah..."

Ozge felt a pang of pain in her chest as Diletta closed her eyes and leaned in to kiss Can. She turned around so she wouldn't see them kiss, but then, Diletta's phone rang, stopping her from kissing Can.

"Great timing," Diletta muttered as she took out her phone from her handbag.

She answered the call. It was from one of her men.

"Yes, Ilkay?" Diletta said through the phone, as she stepped outside.

The moon and the stars were out and it was a peaceful night. Can's whole property was surrounded by plants and trees. But Diletta was far from peaceful.

"WHAT?" she exclaimed.

"Yes, Miss Diletta," Ilkay said. "Can's lawyer, Yildirim has just arrived in Istanbul and it looks like he has some concrete evidence that Miss Ozge did not kill Demet."

"Ilkay, bring your men to my house and we'll have a meeting," Diletta said. "I'm going home right now."

"Alright, Miss Diletta," Ilkay said, then he hung up.

Diletta composed herself and ran back inside to get her bag from the couch.

"Uh, Can, I need to go home. I still have some things to do and papers to sign," Diletta said. "You'll be okay, right? I mean, Ozge's here..."

"I'll be fine, Diletta," Can said, looking at Ozge.

Diletta kissed Can's cheek before heading out as fast as she could. Awkward silence filled the living room as Ozge avoided Can's gaze.

***

9 hours ago at Baris Cayoglu's birthday party.

Serkan looked at Hande as his cousin, Etemad Cayoglu, was talking to him. Etemad followed his gaze.

"Dude, just go to her," Etemad laughed, taking a sip of his wine.

Serkan tapped Etemad's shoulder as she walked over to Hande, clearing his throat. Hande looked up from her phone and smiled at Serkan.