Chapter Ten: The Memory

"Do you have everything you need, Ozge?"

Perran asked as Ozge waited by their gate with a large suitcase in hand. Today was the day they were going to Alanya for Guldem's birthday. Ozge checked her bag: phone, check. Makeup, check. Charger for my phone, check.

"I think I have everything I need, Mom. If I do leave something, I guess I can just buy it in Alanya," Ozge smiled, hugging Perran.

"Take care, daughter. Remember to call me when you get to Alanya," Perran said.

"I will, Mom," Ozge nodded, then her phone rang. It was from Can.

Ozge picked up the call.

"Can?"

"Ozge, are you ready? I'll be there in thirty seconds," Can said, the car's engine could be heard in the background.

"I'm ready. Already outside our gate," Ozge said.

"We'll be going to my house first. Apparently, there's construction in the road today in downtown Istanbul and there's a traffic jam. If we go by car to the airport, it will take us forever," Can said.

Can stopped his car in front of Ozge. He got out of the car, took his sunglasses off and greeted Ozge and Perran.

"Can, please take care of my daughter. I trust you will keep her safe," Perran said.

Can looked at Ozge, who looked away as soon as their eyes landed on each other. He smiled and assured Perran.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Gurel, I'll take good care of Ozge," he said, taking Ozge's suitcase and putting it on the back of the car.

Can went to the driver's seat as Ozge got inside. They waved one last goodbye to Perran and headed off to Can's house.

Ozge looked in awe at how big and beautiful Can's house was. The fountain at the front of the house was overflowing with clean water, slopes of cultivated land ahead of the property, and the beautiful mansion to top it all. She knew Can was a multi-millionaire but she never imagined his house to be this beautiful.

"Whoa," Ozge said, looking around the property. "Your house is amazing."

Can smiled. "Shall we go inside before we head off?"

"Can we?" Ozge beamed.

"Of course," Can said, grinning.

Ozge paced to entrance of the home, only to be greeted by the guard who opened the huge double doors for her. Inside was what looked like a mall inside the home. There was also two living trees below, the basement floor. Can and Ozge were in the second.

It was cold inside the mansion since the air-conditioner was on. Can led Ozge to the airstrip where a helicopter was waiting for them.

"What's this?" Ozge said as her eyes widened.

"Good morning, Sir Can," a guy in a suit said. "The helicopter is ready to take you and Miss Ozge to the airport."

"Thank you, Erim," Can said. "Please take Ozge's suitcase."

"Right away, Sir Can," Erim said, immediately taking Ozge's suitcase.

"Ozge, come on," Can said, walking to the chopper.

Ozge shook her head, terrified. She felt her heartbeat quicken, and her palms sweating. She felt cold. Then a vision flashed in her mind.

Breaking news: A helicopter in midair exploded, killing three people onboard. The case is now being investigated. The passengers' names were Ozturk Ozbey, Alaattin Ozoguz, and Kadir Gurel.