Chapter 2 - Some Things Are Just Impossible

~~

Rayver's POV

I felt a soft shake in my shoulder, making me groan slightly.

"Gramma Pepper... It's too early." I grumbled.

I felt the shake again and opened my eyes to glance at the buff who was shaking me.

Annoying big gu--

Wait.

What?!

I instantly woke up, wide-eyed and all, shocked to see that I was seated in an expensive looking... Plane?

I frowned as my memories came back to me bit by bit.

A throat cleared, making me look up so fast that my glasses fell from their place. Instantly, my vision blurred.

I can't live a day without my glasses.

We soon got out of the plane, and as soon as we did, I shivered from the cold.

I guess the plane was really warm. Good thing I didn't forget to bring my--

Wait.

I don't have anything with me!

I then looked around frantically, at the same time, I hoped that nobody would notice, but of course, luck is never on my side.

"Is there something wrong?" Mister buff guy asked me. I should really ask his name soon.

"Uh... I don't think I brought any of... Any of my stuff... I kinda... Forget?" I state. Well, more like stutter a question.

"We packed your things before you got back." He said nonchalantly. At the same time, I noticed a duffle bag that some other buff guy was holding. And it looked like my bag.

I didn't know what to say to that, so I decided to just shut up.

~~

First things first, New York is amazing.

I've only seen the Big Apple on TV, so it's pretty awesome. The buildings are huge, the skyscrapers live up to their names, and everybody seems so busy.

I actually thought this place was gonna look like Gotham City from the movies. With the all around crime and graffiti that's basically everywhere.

That, or maybe we're just traveling at the expensive side of the city.

I can only imagine what the opposite side looks like.

~~

Well, here we are.

I can do this.

I can do this.

I can do this.

You can't do this.

I stared up at the big, wooden doors that looked like they cost a fortune. The steps even seemed to be made of marble.

I looked back at the way we came, a circular road that had a fountain at the middle. Around the place were guards with big guns, giving me the shivers.

Well, at least I know I'm staying at a safe place...

I turned back around and stared at the doors in front of me.

This is it.

The moment I enter this house, my life will change.

Well, I am aware that the moment I got adopted my life had changed, but now that I'm actually here, it's like out of a dream.