Chapter 41 - Let's Play A Game, Shall We?

~~

{THIRD PERSON POV}

Objections in different languages were made, each voice louder than others. None of them could accept this. First, they were lied to about the ceasing of the existence of all the Luciano family members, and now this?

Even though this is a modern world, these Mafia leaders have the same mindsets as generations before them. Women should never be leaders. They are to only stay at home, take care of children, and be men's objects to vent towards. 

The two people on the stage were silent as they let the crowd continue with their complaints that will never be accepted. What could they do? This wasn't their territory. If this king wants his queen to be a goddess, then they can't do anything but respect that decision until they arrive in their territories. 

But this doesn't stop them from voicing out their confusion. Yes, Regina Luciano is– was the most competent woman to have the position of a queen, but in their minds, she was too… Brutal. 

All these people had ever heard of her was that she had no mercy. She was brutal, lethal, and completely dangerous. After all, she didn't get the name 'Queen Bloodlust' for nothing. 

Thinking of these factors, their biased judgments towards her grew more and more negative. Especially since she's now the queen of the biggest Mafia. What now? Is this couple planning to take over all of the Mafias in the world? Of course, they can't let that happen!

Another thing that bothered them was the fact that these two hated each other. All those years that they saw them interacting, their meetings were always negative. So, how did that end up to this? 

Not paying attention to the people objecting uselessly, Cavillor leaned towards the microphone, and said with a cold voice that instantly shut everyone off, "I would like to clear up that no matter what anyone's opinion is, I will not terminate this decision. Whether you lot would care to admit it, you know that Regina is best for this job. So, that is all. Enjoy the night." 

All present showed a dark faces. Enjoy? How could they enjoy after that scene? But, of course, they won't leave just yet. Just because they're in a bad mood, doesn't mean that little play would stop them from making deals and bargains. 

Not caring for the eyes that were set on them, the two royals made their way outside and to the car that was waiting for them. Without a word, they got in and drove to their penthouse silently.

~~

"Sei un fottuto stronzo. Ti ho detto apposta che non voglio essere associato, ma la tua stupid mente idiota ha ascoltato? No! Ora devo prendermi cura di tutte le merde che si imbatteranno nella mia fottuta strada. Nel complesso, vaffanculo!" Regina snapped in her native language while glaring toxic daggers at her supposedly 'king'. 

{You are a motherfucking asshole. I deliberately told you that I do not want to be associated, but did your stupid idiotic mind listen? No! Now I have to take care of all the shits that will come across my fucking way. Overall, fuck you!}

With a sweet, apologizing smile, Cavillor tried to coax his new 'queen'. Even though he had no idea what she had been saying, he had mostly gotten the gist that she was infuriated at him.

"Come on, my love. It's going to be all good! In a way, don't you think that this will be--" 

"Oh, zitto, stronzo." She snapped again, then closed her eyes, pinched the bridge of her nose, and tried to calm herself. {shut up, asshole.}

Figuring that she would not like it if he made noise, the big, bad, and newly crowned Mafia King did not dare make a sound. Seeing her sit on the couch after a while, he asked slowly, "Regina?"