Chapter 23 - Strong Sensuality, And A Deep Loathing

~~

Regina POV

Fuck you, Soren Bianchi. Fuck you to hell and seven times back, you motherfucking asshole. I remember clearly stating that I want to make a silent entrance. The kind that people wouldn't even notice that I've arrived.

But no, of course he'll go against my words on this one. He should be thankful that this wasn't that big of a deal, or else he'll definitely receive a good beating.

We arrived at the ball, which I stated that I wouldn't attend, but was forced to. Upon entering, a certain somebody must have operated something, and now the spotlight is on us as we walk inside.

I purposely arrived late to avoid attention, but that plan has clearly went down the drain.

Feeling the rest of my group behind me, we walked over to the only available table left, which was ironically right across from the British mutts.

Once we've all gotten to the table, a few beats of silence passed with people simply staring at us, until the announcer took everyone's attention again, as he was cut off in the middle of his introduction due to our entrance. Meeting Soren's eye, I gave him a death glare, which he only responded to with a sheepish but mischievous grin.

Giving him a final glare, I let my eyes travel the other students, tuning out the cheery announcer's voice. Anyone that met my gaze immediately looked away as if only my eyes could burn them. Everyone but one.

A pair of questioning eyes met mine, and I immediately understood his confusion. I did tell him that I won't be going, but here I am.

Opening my phone, I sent him a quick text that said 'I'll explain later at home. Don't mind me.' After sending it, a loud ring tone resounded in the whole auditorium, sending our attention to where it came from.

I rolled my eyes and faintly snicker, seeing Rayver fumble about with his phone. Of course, he's the only person who would come to an event such as this and not put his phone on mute.

He's just embarrassing himself this way.

Glaring at the people who snickered at him, they abruptly stopped after seeing my deadly look, making me feel very much satisfied.

No one bullies my brother except for me.

~~

Finally, the dances started. With, of course, a hired band playing live at a stage opposite where the thrones are located.

A little bit too much, in my opinion.

The rest of my group had already went on and about, dancing and getting food, while I stayed at the table, sipping champagne.

No one cares for ages here if you pay for the right amount.

Or if you're too scary for others to not follow your orders.

As I sipped again, I uttered, "You know, you could go and socialize. I'm not your babysitter, and you aren't mine."

"I'm fine here," Soren said with a wide smile, making me roll my eyes.

"Oh, just go. I could see how much you want to." He opened his mouth to argue, but I continued, "Look, I can handle myself, okay? Just go."

"Never said you couldn't." He muttered under his breath, which I heard, before giving me another smile and heading to the food corner.