Chapter 20 - I Know Your Mother

~~

🖾🖾🖾🖾🖾🖾🖾🖾's POV

"Well? Have you found her?!" I snapped, annoyed at them.

Aren't they supposed to be our best hackers and trackers? Then why the fuck can't they find her?!

They were shaking in fear, knowing who I was and what I could do. Good.

"W-we did find her," I perked up. "B-but..." He hesitated.

Of course, there's a 'but'!

"But what?!" I snapped again. I swear if this arse doesn't tell me alre--

"She's dead!" He blurted out.

What?

No.

She can't be dead... She couldn't be dead!

My knees buckled, but I quickly gripped the edge of the table before I lost my balance.

"No, Tori. I love him!"

Why... Why him... Why did it have to be him?!

He has enemies everywhere! One of them was probably the one that killed you...

"If you were my friend, you'd want me to be happy."

No... If I were your friend, I would have done everything I could to separate you from him.

I should have done everything.

But no... Just because I thought over your words, I didn't push it anymore, even though I knew what would happen.

I fucking knew, goddammit!

I knew, yet what did I do?

Nothing! That's what!

"Miss..?" I abruptly snapped my head up, forgetting that there were other people here.

I always tend to let my guard down whenever I think of her.

I nodded for him to say what he was going to, reigning in my emotions.

Can't kill him when he's supposed to be the one doing all of this.

"There's more..." Seeing my silence, he continued, "We found out that she put one of her children in an orphanage--"

"An orphanage?!" I shrieked, cutting him off. There goes for holding emotions.

Why?! The father of her children was a Mafia leader. The biggest one at that! And wait... One of them?

"What do you mean 'one of them'?" I asked.

"Uh, the older kid, the girl, was left in their father's care, while the younger one, who was a boy, was at an orphanage in Canada." The other one of the two of them answered.

Why did you put the girl with him and the boy away, Pearl? If anything, it should be her, not him!

Not to mean sexist, but that's what the Mafia world usually is. Men are the leaders.

"Well, where is he now?" I asked again.

"Uhh, his own father adopted him. We found out that he had been searching for his son everywhere until just recently." The first one said.

I sighed.

What was in her mind that made her do this?

I waved my hand to dismiss them, but before they left, the second guy stopped at the doorstep and told me something quite important.