Chapter 16 - And You, Are The Long Lost Mafia Prince

~~

Rayver POV

A lot can happen in two weeks.

And by a lot, I mean a lot.

Some of them were Blair's sudden disappearance. And surprisingly, the rest of the King's group was absent a whole week after the whole pool fiasco.

And speaking of the pool fiasco, to my utter shock, not a single video of my moment of embarrassment was on the internet.

It's like they all vanished.

One more thing, when I woke up, on the couch was a box. And inside it was a new pair of glasses that looked incredibly expensive.

My first thought was that it was from Mr Luciano, but when I came to him to thank him for it, he asked me instead where I got it.

I quickly stuttered a lie in answer.

I didn't mean to lie, but I was too shocked to think about what I was doing.

My second thought was that it was...

I don't even want to go there.

She doesn't even look in my direction anymore. And when we were in the same room, she would do whatever she needs to do quickly to get away from me.

Like, what did I do?!

Exist.

Fu- You're still here?!

Of course! It's my purpose to keep his self-esteem at its lowest.

Oh, God... I'm not commenting on that.

And, yeah... The voices are still there, but every day, they're getting clearer and clearer.

A few weeks left before I finally get whose voices they belong.

Also, lucky for me, Jordan didn't whose house I got dropped at, and the other girls were drunk dead.

Now, here I was, at the mansion. It's currently a Saturday, and all of my friends had plans, so I was stuck to staying at the house.

Not only that, but I was bored out of my mind that I started randomly walking around the place.

As I was walking in a corridor that didn't have any guards —I still haven't gotten used to them, by the way— I heard some voices from a slightly open door.

I know what you're planning, and don't do it.

Knowing from experience that I should listen to the female voice, I really should've just walked away.

But me being the curious person I am, I sneaked near the door and planted myself flat on the wall beside it.

I know this isn't the time, but wow. You're eavesdropping. I think this is an improvement.

"Are... Ready for... Later?"

"... Should be... No problems detected..."

"... Safe?"

"Of... The shipping... Than later..."

I perked up.

Shipping?

What?

Do their company even have shippings?

I mean, I'm not an expert on the RL Corporation, but I'm pretty sure that they don't do any shipping.

I tuned in back.

"... Sure... Personally tend... It?"

"Yes... Taking my... Kia Stinger..."