Chapter 44 - Selfish For Now

~~

THIRD PERSON

Perfect. That's what this wedding should be.

The most beautiful extravagant, and one-of-a-kind wedding. No expense was spared, as per the groom's orders.

Beautiful rare flowers rarely seen were loitered in the decorated cathedral. The venue gave the guests some sort of irony, especially the guests who knew of the sinful activities that is being made in the dark, a d sometimes broad daylight.

A church wedding for the two most vicious devils. Yes, ironic indeed.

News reporters were outside the cathedral, trying their hardest and best to enter, but whatever their efforts, no one that wasn't invited had the opportunity to enter.

The public was astounded the moment sudden news was leaked from somewhere that the young, prospering CEO of Flare Enterprises, Cavillor Flare, was getting married. Not only that, but another news company announced that they had received a tip that the one he was getting wed to was none other than Regina Luciano!

This caused a lot of chaos in the news industry, especially since years ago, the sudden disappearance of the CEO of RL Corporation and his heiress had mysteriously disappeared. At that time, everyone that had wanted to gain some fame and money tried to uncover the story behind their unexpected vanishing act.

Their company had also been suspiciously conjoined into Flare Enterprises, which confused many even more. When some people of high status tried to question this setting, they were immediately silenced by means that only a few knew -blackmail- and had no more things to say about why the two rivals were now co-companies

Of course, with the British Mafia guarding the real information, no one had a clue of where the previous two most powerful people were. People only had theories and guesses, but they were mostly far from the truth.

Now that this piece of news was suddenly cast no one believed it at first until somehow, someone told somebody that they had seen the couple, and soon, everyone who was someone knew about the wedding.

What's more, the company hadn't denied it, which made the news a fact.

This caused another sensation amongst the public, which now had their minds reeling. A marriage? Between two people that used to be rivals? Well, none had to be explained more!

Obviously, Regina had ran away to the arms of her lover and had hidden there, and when Cavillor's father had suddenly died, they had taken this as an opportunity to marry and be official!

Some thought that this setting was especially sweet and romantic, while others thought that it was irresponsible.

But through all this, the question of where Ricardo Luciano was still had not been answered. Will it ever?

~~

In the groom's room, Cavillor was fixing up his suit, which was a stark white color, with a golden tie, as per the theme of the wedding. Though she had wrinkled her nose when he suggested this theme, Regina had accepted it nonetheless.

He was just finishing up when suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Pausing for a slight second, he murmured a half-hearted passage to the person and continued doing what he was doing.

The door opened and closed softly. Without looking at whoever it was, he could sense that this person was alone, and did not pose a threat. More like, could not pose a threat.

"What is it? Why are you here?" He asked in a non-committed way, seemingly uncaring of what this person was about to say either way.

"Are you sure about what you're doing?"