Chapter 49 - Purple Hyacinths

~~

This will be the last chapter that Regina Luciano will be mentioned.

~~

THIRD PERSON POV

"Mommy, mommy!"

Regina turned her head to the voice, and reflexively caught a sudden weight that had pounced on her. Frowning, she looked at the five-year-old girl that was crying pitifully.

"What is it, Ember?" Regina asked with a slightly gentle voice. Looking at the little girl who was bawling in her arms, she couldn't help but curse to the nine rings of hell whoever caused this.

Still crying, the child managed to talk, "T-there was this boy in s-school that didn't want to give me his food! He said that it was his a-and wasn't mine to take!"

The Queen frowned, picked up the young, immature child, and put down her phone on the counter. Then, she picked up the little one and put Ember on her lap.

Wiping the tear-stained cheeks of the cute girl, Regina spoke with a soothing tone that even she was unaware of, "But, my princess, that boy was right. That was his, and not yours. If you want something, you can easily tell mommy to buy it and not take it from another person. We're Mafia royalty, sweetie. Not random thieves."

"But, mommy! I want him dead! Since we're the Mafia, then we can just kill him, right?"

"No, Ember. We are not going to kill him."

"But why?!"

"Because even though we're the Mafia, we're royalty, alright?" Regina sighed, not caring much about her spoiled daughter's wish. But that doesn't mean someone else didn't.

~~

"Breaking news. A five-year-old child was found dead at his kindergarten school. He was missing for hours, and was just found the next day when the school had opened in the morning."

Regina nonchalantly typed business contracts on her laptop, not even glancing at the sudden news that showed on the TV, causing a pause from her children's cartoon watching.

"A mark was found at his forehead, which was shaped like a crown as if this was the suspect's symbol or mark."

The fingers that were rapidly moving paused, eyes now glancing at the television.

"If this mark is familiar to anyone, it is the same as the one of the former 'Queen Bloodlust'. Having disappeared for many years, this mark has now suddenly reappeared. Is this the same 'Queen Bloodlust', a fake, or a new one? We will continue to update you on this news, so stay tuned!"

While the TV was playing cartoons again, Regina's mind kept on replaying the news that she had just heard.

A fake? No, anyone who knows about the Queen Bloodlust wouldn't dare to use that mark. Anyone that tried to imitate her had been cut down quickly the moment they had done the deed.

Her? No, it had been years since she last used the mark, as the news had said. She wasn't that teenager anymore who would just kill anyone she found annoying or had done something against their Mafia. For one, she was already the queen, which meant that she could just order others to do the job.

So the only reason would be...

"Umbra."

The small child that was watching cartoons with her sister turned around in response to the call from the twins' mother. With a face that didn't show any hint of her current feelings, Regina noted how much she and her eldest were alike.