Chapter 36 - Even The Powerful Regina Luciano Has A Kryptonite

~~

Regina POV

Ha. Haha. Hahaha!

Blood. Blood is everywhere. I'm drowning in it, and none of it is mine.

I stared at my hands that were encrusted with dried blood. How many people have I killed? This... Arena shit, I've been here for, what? Four, five times?

They've been using knives now. Daggers and darts. No guns, surprisingly, but had they even got me cut a single time?

No.

Until I can move and defend myself, no one can hurt me. I can't say this is all me, though. It barely even is my sane self who is doing all this. It's my bloodlust. It had taken over me the moment I first arrived in this God-forsaken blood pit.

And has it been satisfied with the amount of people I've killed?

No.

Ha. Haha. Hahaha!

I think I'm on the brink of insanity.

And who knows, maybe I fucking am already!

~~

"Regina~ I've got a surprise for you!"

I ignored the blonde asshole, but he didn't take that move of mine too kindly.

"Hey, come on. I bet you're going to love what I'm bringing to you." I then felt my body being lifted from the ground. This movement made me able to see him in my peripheral vision, but I didn't care glancing at him.

They then brought me out. The first thing I noticed was that we went in the exact opposite direction of where the arena slash pit was. Where is this fucker taking me?

Five lefts, nine rights, and three straights later, we arrived in a dead end with only one door.

I slightly raised a brow. What's behind this? Hmm, let me guess... Probably starved crocodiles, or maybe hundreds of venomous snakes. Of course, it might be a guillotine or something like that, but I doubt they want to do that in private. I bet they'd rather to put up a big event just to see my head rolling on the floor.

I should know, that's what I would do.

As we got nearer to this door that will most likely kill me -not- it seemed that Cavillor was getting excited. I felt my face darken. For fuck's sake, what the hell are they planning now?

Can't they see that nothing will break me?

Unless they outright kill me, which they were completely possible to do ever since I was hanging from the fucking ceiling, I will never submit.

Oh, how wrong I was when those doors were opened.

~~

{A/N: I think it was, like, 3 or 4 am when I wrote this. I apologize in advance.}

THIRD PERSON POV

Cavillor watched.

He watched as they hated each other while growing up.

He watched as they rose to high places and got their own deadly titles.

He watched as the both of them killed mercilessly.

He watched her let her own father die just to secure their legacy.

He watched her kill multitudes of people, and not get scratched even a bit.

All of them had started to believe that there would be absolutely nothing that would be able to make her bend, lest break.

But now, he watched. With the same eyes that watched the Queen Bloodlust never bend her will, Cavillor watched as she broke down.

With eyes wide open in shock that even the other guards have, the heir of the British Mafia watched her walk slowly on her own to the one-way glass. As he could only see one side of her face, I couldn't read her expression clearly.

One moment, she was five feet away from him, the next, he felt a hit on his jaw.

His guards were frozen, but immediately went into action upon seeing their leader stumble backwards. They held both her arms behind her, and were shocked that she couldn't get out, neither did she try to move away from their grasp.

With her performance at the pit, it was plainly obvious that she could get away easily. But why didn't she? Or... Why couldn't she?

Her eyes went back to the sight in front of her, behind the window. There he was, the only one that she ever showed felt an emotion to. The only one who she cared about.

The only one that she ever loved.

"Let him go." Cavillor had thought he had heard, but it was too silent, enough to be his imagination.

But no, she repeated it, this time muttering under her breath, "Let him go."

With a sudden strength that caused the big guards to almost trip forward, she rushed to Cavillor. His eyes widened, but she had been restrained and was now just a few breaths away from him.

With blazing eyes that -once again- shocked the people in the room, especially Cavillor, she started to yell at him in craze. "Let him go! Let him go, Cavillor, or I swear to all seven hells you will regret bringing him here!"

She continued on shouting profanities, threats, and promises. Each word getting louder and louder, and each word getting more desperate.

Finally getting over his shock, Cavillor smirked to himself. They've finally found her weakness. So this guy is the leverage they finally have to anger her. Oh, they would utilize this weapon perfectly.

When he glanced back to Regina, he found her with her head faced down, trembling slightly. He thought that she was shaking in anger, which they would definitely use to the best extent.

However, her next words and actions made him drop his smirk in disbelief.

"Let him go. Please." She sounded so defeated that he couldn't help but look at her in pure, undiluted shock.

Cavillor Flare looked at her, speechless beyond compare as she did something that made everyone flinch rrrrg in. of the Italian Mafia, Queen Bloodlust, Regina Aria Luciano, knelt before her sworn enemy.

He was frozen. The woman that had the will of an iron steel was kneeling towards him. She, however, was not looking at him. She was looking past the one-way glass, to her brother.

What... What had they done to him? Why is he so skinny and bruised? Have they been torturing him as well? And for how long? Has he even been given a single meal? He looked so mal​nour​ished and weak...

Even though she was facing her brother, the small distance between her and Cavillor allowed him to see, for the first time, emotions in her.

For the first time ever since they had met as children, he saw something in her eyes. Tears. Worry. Hopelessness. Love.

He recalled his words months ago. 'The day I see Regina care, is the day I see her beg.'

And in that single sight, he realized that like all humans, even the powerful Regina Luciano has a kryptonite.

With a deep breath, he steeled himself away from the surprise she had given, and said, "Fine. He'll be let go. However, you know what this means for you, right?"

She made eye contact with him, and he shivered at the raw emotion in her eyes. "I will do anything for him."

He nodded. "But before that, there is something that only he must do to be let go."

"What?! What is it?!" She asked, desperate.

"He must forget."

~~

[1211]