Chapter 37 - You're Gonna Forget About This, Everything Here, Okay?

~~

Rayver POV

"-ver... -up!"

"-ayver... -ake up!"

Hmm?

"Rayver! R-rayver, wake up!"

My eyes slowly peeled open upon hearing that voice. The voice that had helped me. The voice that had given me hope.

Once my blurry eyes became slightly better -since they took my glasses, I can't see properly anymore- I finally saw her face that I had missed so much.

I brightened, "R-Regina, you're here! Did you find me? Are we leaving now? You killed them already, right? Let's go!"

She's here! I-I can tell her about my dream. I can tell her that she's my hope! I wonder how she'll react. I know that the Regina in my mind was right. She will help me get better!

I then started to stand, which was a bad idea, because my knees gave up. She immediately pulled me to sit back down on the cold floor.

"Rayver! Fuck, don't move so c-carelessly, would you? I fucking swear you'll be the death of me." She said with her usual scolding frown. Strangely, though, she wasn't even looking straight at me.

Wait... Are those..? Nah, I'm just seeing things.

I smiled again. "Well, what are we waiting for? Come on, we better get home. D-dad is probably impatient now." I tried to kneel, carefully now, and pulled her up. She, however, didn't even move from her position on the floor.

Finally, she made eye contact. And as she did, I froze.

Regina is... Shaking?

"R-rayver..." Her voice broke.

I smiled again. But it seemed so strained. So forced. "W-what's wrong? Come on. W-we gotta go now. Hurry before the enemy Mafia comes b-ba-back."

Surprising me, she lunged forward, and... And... Hugged me.

"Rayver. Rayver, Rayver, Rayver..." She leaned on my shoulder. I only now realized that she was trembling.

S-something is wrong. Regina Luciano doesn't hug people. Regina Luciano doesn't tremble.

"Ina?" My voice broke this time, making her sob even more.

Finally letting me go, she put her hands on my face, wiping away... Tears? I'm... I'm crying..? No, there's no need to c-cry! Everything is fine, she's... She's just, uh... G-glad, yeah! She's just so happy and relieved to see me that's why she's acting strange.

Right?

Looking me in the eye, she said, "Hey, hey. You're safe now, okay? You're okay. You're gonna go out there and live your life. You're gonna forget about this, everything here, okay?"

W-what?

"What are you talking about?" I asked, not getting on what she was saying, and looked straight at her eyes that were caging behind tears that never fell. "Why are y-you just talking about me? We -the both of us - are getting out here? Right? A-and you... You'll help me, right? You're gonna help me forget about this. W-we'll do it together, right?"