Chapter 30 - I'm Already Forever Damned

~~

{A/N: I just like to say that, comments are really appreciated, guys. Like, really, REALLY. So are votes. So, if you have any thoughts, please don't hesitate to comment, and if you like the chapter, please vote!}

Regina POV

Ignorance. Funny word that is. 

When it is said as a noun, it is meant to be something that is the lack of knowledge, education, or awareness of. But when it is said as a verb, it means to refuse to take notice of. 

Here's a very well-explained example. Ignorance is not knowing what would await us behind those doors. Ignoring is like disregarding the horrible feeling in my guts that something is wrong. 

So at the sound of that single gunshot, I realized that I have been both ignorant, and ignoring. 

An empty room is what greeted me. A simple room with four corners and four walls, with not a single soul in sight except for us, the newcomers. 

So then, who shot a bullet? And who got shot? 

The sound of a thud emerged from behind me, and in my peripheral vision, I saw a lifeless body fall beside me. I didn't bother turning around, because now, I wasn't ignoring anything, nor did I still have my ignorance in the current situation. 

"I shouldn't have ignored how going in here was easy. Far, far too easy." I mumbled, staring straight at the empty, dull grey wall in front of me. The sound of a gun clocking answered me. 

"Yes, you really shouldn't have." He answered. 

I've been cornered, I knew this, but I wasn't going down without a fight. 

Taking a deep breath, I readied myself, and swung around, pulling the trigger on my already cocked gun and shot, at the same time his gun had fired. 

We both froze, and after simply staring at one another, one of us spewed blood from our mouths. One of us looked at the area that had been shot. One of us had been shot in the stomach. 

One of us would die. 

And then, darkness.

~~

I gasped for air, feeling a burst of cold water being thrown at me. It was so cold that I felt like it was burning up. I tried to reach up and wipe the water from Antarctica that was dripping to my eyes, but I realized that I had been bound to a chair. 

While panting, I blinked repeatedly, trying to get rid of the blurriness in my eyes. There was also a constant ringing in my ear; the kind that you would hear once a heart monitor would announce the death of a patient. 

Death? Wait, why am I still alive? He… He shot me. Angelo. Ha! Who would've thought that someone from my closest group that I would almost consider as friends would do this to me? 

Finally, the ringing had died down. 

"-ina? Are you even listening to me?!" 

Oh, God. Is it too late to bring that fucking ringing back? 

"Zitto, stronzo. Brutto maiale." I muttered, already annoyed at his voice. {Shut up, asshole. Ugly pig.}

"I don't think you're one to give insults here, Regina. After all," He used his finger to lift my chin, —damn, when did he get so near to me?— forcing me to look him in his ugly eyes, "You're the prisoner here, not the other way around."

I glared up at Cavillor's green eyes, and with no warning, I reared my head back and headbutted him so hard that I think his nonexistent brain should've been cracked by now.