Chapter 9 - And I Am Deadly Serious

~~

Rayver POV

"One triple cheese, one caramel, and two cheddar cheese popcorns coming right up!"

We soon got our food and went inside the cinema. I and my friends were watching the new action movie. I have no idea of the name, but it sounds popular.

On our way here through Miley's car, Jordan and the girls were arguing about what to watch. The girls wanted to watch a romance, but Jordan loathed it.

When I was asked what I wanted, I just told them that I'm good with anything as long as it isn't horror.

Ha! What a wimp.

We got in and found our seats. The order was Fiona, me, Jordan, and then Miley. Just as we sat down, the movie started the opening credits.

This was my first time in the movies, as I've previously stated, so I'm not sure what to do. Like, do I just sit here, or... Hey, what's that?

~~

An explosion resounded in the cinema. There was a constant ringing in my ear, and my muscles were too stiff to even make a move.

I can only guess that's what the others felt like.

Then, the ending credits rolled in.

Woah. Who knew they would end a movie like that in an explosion? Not me, that's for sure.

The people in the cinema poured out of the doors, chatting animatedly with each other. One thing I noticed is that no one goes to the movies alone.

It's in the handbook.

What handbook???

"That was awesome, right man?" Jordan asked, clapping down on my back. I grinned then nodded, but stop short when Miley spoke her opinion.

"I think they could've done better. I mean, they didn't even put any closure in! Like, in actual good movies, the protagonist has an ending scene where something in her life happens that is already calm!" Miley said, swinging her arms around at what I think is an effect.

"It was good though. Now, let's go home, it's pretty late and it's still a school night." Fiona reminded us, grinning when the other two groaned.

"I guess I'll catch you guys... Tomorrow then?" I ask but hesitate when I get in the middle.

Would they even still want to be around me? Maybe they finally saw that I'm no good for them. Maybe they saw how new I am to these kinds of things they--

"Sure. But, Rayver, how exactly are you gonna get home?" Fiona asked with a slight frown.

Huh, I haven't thought about that.

"You can catch a ride with me, though." Miley offered.

I thought about it for a while and was going to say yes, but then I realized that they might recognize the place I'm staying at and piece two and two together.

They aren't called 'nerds' if they were stupid.

So I shook my head and smiled apologetically, "No, no. It's fine, I'll find my way back. See you tomorrow!" I said the last part with a smile.

I had friends.

No, you have pity friends. Haven't it ever occurred to you that maybe they're just taking you in because you're the new kid?

You've always had friends. You just needed to open up your eyes and search for them.

I really don't know what to believe. But as the day passes, the voices are getting clearer. Like, it's only a matter of time until I finally get to know where the voices come from.