Chapter 29 - The Cause Of Her Demise

{A/N: KYAAAAH WE REACHED 1K VOTES! I'M SO HAPPY! TRIPLE UPDATE BECAUSE OF THIS!}

~~

Regina POV

"Where is Soren, Regina?" Kade asked, looking around. I ignored him at first, but when Wynter repeated the question, I was forced to answer.

"Hell if I knew."

She looked confused. "But, shouldn't he be here as well? He is your second in command."

I growled. "Soren's whereabouts are not of importance right now, Wynter. What we should be focusing on is how to get my father, our leader, back to our territory safe and alive. Massacre to the British is just a bonus."

They quieted after that, all of us lost in our thoughts. Our plan should be foolproof. To go in there and to get my father back; it's only a one-chance moment. I don't even want to think what would happen if we don't get him back-

Regina, seriously. Quit it. Since when have you been fucking insecure about your abilities? Fuck, Rayver is brushing off on me.

Rayver. I wonder where he is. I wonder how he is. I wonder-

The stopping of the car we were in halted my thoughts. We had found the warehouse -how damn cliché- and were now hiding in the dark forest behind it. The warehouse was far from civilization, thankfully. This way the cops won't be announced of our arrival until we were finished.

I hate it when they interfere with my kills.

It was dark out; the time? I don't know, nor do I care. We had to wait a while for Krysta to hack into the surveillance cameras so we could get in and out fast.

I personally don't mind the bloodshed, but unfortunately, we were hurrying. We had less than seventeen hours before that fucking Xavier annihilates my father.

Not that I'd let him. Not if I can fucking help it.

Finally, after what seemed like hours but was only minutes, Krysta told me she was in. Being the fastest hacker in our organization, something that should take one hour only took about half.

With grim looks towards each other, we nodded. No words had to be said. We knew that some would die in this mission, and truth be told, we have and would accept our death. We never expected silent deaths the moment we joined the illegal business.

Looking towards the door and to the unknown, I braced myself.

Time to rescue Daddy dearest.

~~

{A/N: Warning: I suck at action scenes.}

THIRD PERSON POV

Wynter was the first to exit the vehicle. Dressed in a skimpy dress that only the femme fatale of the Italian Mafia would be able to pull off, she confidently strode over to the two men guarding the entrance to the warehouse. People had more or less forgotten about this entrance, which was why both of them decided to volunteer to this area every time.

Since it was a Saturday night, they had indulged themselves to liquor, thinking very surely that their day offs would be on the next day. So now, because of their intoxication, not one of them dared question or object to the vixen coming their way.

Maybe this woman was just from their imagination?

Even so, they gave her a crooked smile, and in their drunken stupor, they saw that she smiled back at him, not knowing that in reality, Wynter was grimacing. She loved her job, yes; but sometimes, shit like this is so annoying.