Chapter 8 - Why Would She Even Bother To Look At Someone Like You?

~~

Rayver POV

The next morning at school, Marcus' killing spread like a wildfire. There were different rumours, some were even hilarious, if only it wasn't about a death.

But the most said rumours were the ones that got me worried. I think about seventy percent of the people said that they knew who the killer was.

And it was none else than the Queen. Whoever the heck that was, anyway.

Thankfully, Mr Luciano let me go here by their service car, and not with Regina. I could only handle a certain amount of attention. Which is just a few.

I noticed that I got here earlier than Ina today. And yeah, I'm going to start calling her 'Ina' in my head from today on. Regina is too long.

{A/N: Ina pronounced 'Eena'}

I approached my friends that were huddled around mine and Fiona's locker. Just like everyone else at the school, it looked like they were also talking about the murder.

As I neared them, Miley was the first to notice me, calling my name over them immediately.

"Have you heard?" She asked me before I even got my greetings said.

"Who hasn't?" I asked sarcastically, regretting my words right after. No, Rayver! You guys aren't at the sarcasm level of friendship yet.

Before I could apologize though, I was cut off again.

"So are you joining?"

"I think that-- wait, what? Join what??" I asked confused out of my wits.

Why was she asking me to join a murder..?

She wants you dead. Everybody does.

You idiot. Wait for her answer.

"The Annual Scholastic Decathlon, of course, silly. What did you think we were talking about?" Miley said, giggling.

I scratched the back of my head sheepishly. A slight blush of embarrassment on the tip of my ears.

"You thought we were talking about the death of Marcus, weren't you?" Jordan said, smirking at me. I nodded so he continued, "Yeah, we don't talk about those kinds of these things. Plus, it's obvious to who did it anyway."

I frowned, confused. "What? Who?"

Fiona spoke for the first time I arrived, "The Queen, who else." She said like it's obvious. "The crown mark of the Queen was a huge giveaway already."

"Who even is this queen, anyway?" I ask, feeling annoyed inside. Everyone's been talking about 'The Queen', so I can't help but feel extremely left out.

This time, they all gave me a confused look.

"Haven't we told you yesterday at lunch who the King and Queen is?" Miley voiced out, followed by nods from both Jordan and Fiona.

"Yeah, you said the King was Cavillor Fire or something, and the Queen... Was..." I trailed off, realization hitting me like a pile of bricks.

Not just hitting, straight on crashing through my skull and going through the other side.

I faintly heard someone say something about Flare or something like that, but I was not paying attention.

So, were they —they as in almost the whole school— thinking that it was Ina that killed Marcus?

A movement caught my eye, so I turned to see what it was. And, lo behold, Ina was strutting down the hallway with her usual glare and aura of confidence and danger, her friends trailing behind her.