Chapter 40 - Colors

~~

THIRD PERSON POV

The first Mafia King that ever controlled two territories that were once mortal enemies, is now dead.

~~

Five and a half hours prior to his death, Xavier Flare was fed up with the continuous disruptions to their guns and drugs shipments. Angry to the last straw, he decided to go with the Alpha Team to this special import. This shipment was worth 30 million dollars, and while they have more money than that, his greed wanted it all.

Once they arrived to the port, it was dead silent. Too much, actually. And something was missing, but the arrogant king didn't care to notice.

After searching the whole place inside out and confirming that they were indeed alone and with no disturbance hiding anywhere, Xavier's arrogance flew sky high even more. He thought that since the rebels had heard of him overseeing this shipment, they feared him too much to do anything else but to retreat.

A whole hour passed before the ship arrived at the port. Until then, nothing had bothered the whole team, so they as well turned cocky, having the same mindset as their boss. After all, he was the first ever Mafia King to ever rule over two different territories. Who would dare to cross him?

So as they hauled the crates to the warehouse right beside the port, they became relaxed and lazy, leaving their guns to a pile at the side, thinking that with this calmness, nothing would happen.

But then, while everyone was busy doing their own jobs, no one noticed how a man fell down to the ground abruptly. Seconds later, a pool of blood started to pool under his head, where a small, circular hollow lay. Not too much later, another person fell down.

And then another.

Then another.

Another.

Finally, someone noticed the missing people. Searching for his brother, a man went outside, looking around the place. Unexpectedly, a glint flashed to his eyes on a certain direction. He looked towards it, wondering why there was something flashing there, considering that it was night-time and that place was just an empty rooftop.

Just as he was beginning to realize it, a bullet shot to his direction, grazing his right ear, and making him yell in pain.

The others noticed the wail that he made, and looked towards his direction, only to hear him warn them, "It's an ambush!" Before another bullet went through his head, just like the others.

Catching on quickly to what the now-dead man was saying, panic quickly arose into he people, and they started to runt o where the pile of guns where. Unfortunately for them, right as they reached the pile of metal, a speeding car arrived, and on it were many other gunmen that were shooting blindly.

Not long after, the once calm and quiet atmosphere of the night was filled filled groans of pain, thuds of bodies falling to the ground, and the beautiful sounds of bullets.

Xavier, who was also in the middle of planting bullets to anywho's body that neared him or posed a threat, noticed that his team was slowly getting fewer and few. He cursed st them in his mind. These pieces of shuts were his Alpha team? Well then, why are they so weak?

Firing his gun another time, he found out that he was out of ammo. As he was changing the magazine, he felt a sudden burn in the back of his head.

At first, it pinched. Then, it became number, and finally, he felt the scorching sensation of agony.

Kneeling down on the gravel, he didn't notice how the whole place grew silent. An easy way to make it obvious that his men had all died. That was good, in a way too. If they were still alive, he would've definitely tortured them for being so week.