Chapter 5 - One Out Of Ten

~~

Rayver POV

The sound of an alarm clock was what woke me up. Its constant ringing is something that I'm not used to.

As I sit upright, I frown at myself. I always woke up early, why did it take the alarm to wake me up? Probably because of the comfortable bed.

I then stood up to go to the bathroom and took a shower. After that, I went into the closet and picked out my clothes.

I picked out a white shirt, a grey hoodie, and dark-washed jeans. For the shoes, I picked out a pair of navy blue Converse.

Once done changing, I grabbed the bag that we also bought yesterday and checked inside it. Once all my school supplies were accounted for, I swung it over my shoulder and jogged quietly downstairs to the dining area.

I opened the door, and there Mr Luciano and Regina were, eating silently. I walked to my seat which was in front of Regina and put my bag down on the floor.

While I was eating I sneaked a glance at her, remembering the scene yesterday. I still can't get it out of my head. The amount of blood on her clothes shocked me, but thankfully it wasn't that much. Just a few splatters. But still enough to make someone worry.

Worry. I wonder why she seemed so disgusted at that word. And the way she asked me if I was worried for her was as if she never had anyone worry for her like that. But what about Mr Luciano?

Maybe he never saw her like that. Still, she said it like--

"Che cazzo?! No!" I snapped my head up, my mental monologue coming to a halt. I looked around cluelessly, wondering what happened while I was in my world. {The fuck?!}

"There's this thing called Uber? Taxis? Our driver? So why with me?!" Regina's voice raised an octave, a scowl etched on her face. Thankfully, that scowl wasn't directed to me. I don't know what I would've felt if it was.

"What is so bad about that, Reg? You're going to the same place anyway, it's just a ride." Mr Luciano tried to reason with her.

She looked like she pondered this for a while, but then her eyes lit up, a devilish smirk creeping onto her face. She then looked towards him, and said, "Fine. On one condition."

"Yes, thank you! What is it?" He raised his hands.

Her eyes darkened even more, and I swear I saw two tips of red on her head, "I'm going on Hades."

Once she said that, Mr Luciano's face fell. I can't read his face, it held too many emotions flashing through. Regret, horror, terror, fear, worry, and defeat.

It all rested on defeat. With the smirk embroidered on her face, Regina leapt out of her chair, giving me a view of what she wore today.

She had on a leather jacket, black ripped jeans, and combat boots. But what stuck out to me was the clothes that she was wearing underneath her leather jacket.

We had matching grey hoodies!

Of course, I didn't dare mention it, and thankfully enough, she didn't either. Or maybe she did but ignored it.

Why would she ignore it? She would be disgusted at having to wear the same as you.

No, she wouldn't.

You don't know that, now do you?

I ran a hand through my hair, knowing that I had no idea if she would or wouldn't. Wait she would be disgusted. Who would like to wear matches with me?