Chapter 13 - I Just Called Mr. Luciano, 'Dad'

~~

Rayver POV

It was now towards the end of September, two whole weeks after the start of classes. Luckily for me, the whole fiasco with Regina had come to a stop when a new rumour started going around.

Also, I agreed to join the scholastic decathlon, so that's what I and my friends were busying ourselves with.

Regina... Well, she's been... Herself. I thought that because I got to stop her, that meant we would be closer to each other, but I found out that that was just wishful thinking.

Oh, and my favourite class is gym. Surprisingly.

And all because of a certain blonde girl.

I had just arrived at school and was on my way to our meeting place. Also known as my locker.

"Hey." I greeted them with a nod.

They said their hellos back, except for Fiona. I font know why, but ever since the time she walked out of the cafeteria two weeks ago, she hasn't been talking to me. At all.

We were all currently talking about the decathlon —that's what we usually talk about these days— when the both of them suddenly froze mid-sentence.

Right as I gave them a confused look, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and saw her. I have to admit it, I really, really liked her.

I immediately smiled widely at her, "Hey, Blair!"

She giggled and twirled a strand of white-blond hair through her fingers, "Rayvie! Hey."

"So, uh... What's up?" I asked, subconsciously scratching the back of my neck.

"There's this party tonight. Hope you and... Your friends can come too. What do you think?"

I thought about it for a second. I don't really want to go... But she said she wanted me to. Plus, I don't think Mr Luciano would allow me to.

I opened my mouth to reply, but Miley spoke ahead of me. "Of course, we'll be there!"

"Great! See you there." Blair said, then glanced at me, sending a wink my way before strutting away on her heels.

I think my heart leapt up to the heavens.

I have been warning you, but you still don't listen. Oh well, your funeral.

Nothing is going to happen. Except, of course, for good things.

With your nonexistent luck? You wish.

These voices...

I tuned back into the conversation and heard Miley trying to persuade Fiona into going.

"Come on, Fee! Let's go to the party. You never go to a party. This is your chance!" Mikey exclaimed.

"Yeah, Fiona. It's going to be fun! You're already in your senior year, it's time to live a little." Jordan said, nudging Fiona by the shoulder.

The force seemed to be a little too strong, causing the notebook that she was holding to fall to the floor. Papers flew everywhere, making her give Jordan a murderous glare that rivalled a kitten's. Cute.

Wait.

Did I just think that she's cute?!

You know it's a fact.

Not that she would think the same of you.

She just might, you never know.

I crouched down along with the three of them to help pick up the fallen pages, all the while Jordan was getting scolded by both Miley and Fiona.