Chapter 38 - Hello, Darkness, My Old Friend

~~

Cavillor POV

Four years and several months later.

"How long are we going to keep her here? She already gave over the Italian Mafia to us; what's the point of keeping her alive?" My father's second in command, Arthur Willows, protested. "It's been nearly five years, but you still haven't disposed of her yet." 

I clenched my jaw. It was so hard to not react to his words. The worst part? He has a point. 

"Wonderful question, Arthur. Cavillor," He turned to look at me, "Why are we still keeping her around?" 

To be honest, Father? I don't know. 

I have no idea why I still want to see her here. Alive. With me. 

For almost a year since her dear brother was gone, she was numb. Unfeeling to anything, no matter what I did. No matter what anyone did, actually. She didn't try to kill anyone, except for the occasional arse that tries to pick on her, but no one of importance at all. 

What would the right word for her be..? Ah, yes! 

Tame. 

That's what she is. Tame. K pl

Who would have thought that a scrawny, insecure boy who had the self-confidence the size of a mosquito would be the one who is able to tame the bloodlusted tigress. 

The wildest thing about her now is the glares that she gives. Those deadly eyes that are still more red than violet were very… Terrifying.

But instead of telling all this to my father, I answered, "What's the matter with her being here? She's practically just chopped liver at this point. Useless." She's not, but he doesn't need 

He leaned forward on his desk, glaring at me. "Exactly. What more do you want her here for if she's just useless, as you said?" 

Damn, Father. You're catching up to me quickly aren't you?

"As I said, what's the matter with me keeping my– her here? She can't retaliate. She won't, knowing what will happen to her brother if she ever did." Seeing that both of them were still unconvinced, I forced the next words out, "Don't worry. I'll get rid of her when I get bored. Just let me have this, yeah?" No, I won't. I doubt I'll ever. 

I then left the office and the building, not looking back. Getting in my car, I drove to my apartment. Since I brought the former Mafia Princess to my apartment, all of my friends had moved out and bought their places.

Now, all left in my penthouse is me, and my little toy.

~~

"Honey, I'm home!" 

I quickly ducked, narrowly dodging a stiletto that was headed to my eyes. Damn, I eyed the six-inch heel with wide eyes. If that hit me, I doubt I'd have any sense of sight in one of my eyes right now. 

"Tch. So close."

Grinning cheekily, I gloated, "Boohoo, what a bad aim! Better luck killing me next time, my little nightmare!" 

"Oh, trust me. I'll succeed eventually." Regina sneered, then walked away, heading to the kitchen. "You brought it?" 

I shrugged, following after her. I opened my mouth to answer, but suddenly, just as I was about to enter the kitchen, a sharp pain erupted on my nose. 

"Ow, ow, ow! Why'd you shut the door on me?! My poor, poor nose!" I groaned painfully. Seriously though, it really hurt. 

Remember when I mentioned that she wasn't aiming to kill or hurt anyone for a whole year? Well, for three years after that one year of a cold shoulder, she's been doing shit that would most definitely harm me.