Chapter 21 - Silence Speaks Louder Than Words

~~

Rayver POV

Stupid.

Idiot.

Idiotic, stupid brain!

Why did I have to break down in front of Regina?! Not to mention, the conversation that the voice and I had got pretty heated, causing me to actually speak out loud.

And how did I not notice her when she entered? Regina never knocks!

That happened nearly an hour ago, and now we were just sitting on the bench outside, ignoring the cool November wind.

I let my mind drift back to what happened earlier. The look on Regina's face was filled with frustration and a ton of worry she looked so lost, not knowing what to do with me.

I remember freezing up when she hugged me. When she did, it was like another piece of the puzzle was added, only leaving a few for me to discover.

Another piece... How many pieces do I still have to search for me to feel whole?

Will I ever feel whole?

We stayed silent, but we both knew that we had to speak soon. And that I had to explain soon.

God... I really don't want to do this. Now she'll think that I'm some kind of psycho!

Aren't you?

No, I'm not!

Mmhmm. Sure.

Just... Shut up. You're the reason I had to do this in the first place.

No, I'm just the reason that you had to do it earlier. You had to tell her either way.

I took a deep breath, preparing myself for what had to be done.

"You..." I faltered, "Y-you can ask, you know..."

I hear her take a deep breath herself. "Trust me, you don't want to hear all of my questions right now."

We grow quiet again, thinking of the right words to say to one another.

"I know I won't want to..." I speak slowly and carefully, "But I also know that I need to."

Good choice.

Shut. Up.

"Fine. You want my questions? Okay. Let's start with, che cazzo sta succedendo, Rayver?!" She ends with a yell. {What the fuck is going on,}

I blink, confused. "You know that I don't have a clue of what you just said, right?"

"I said, 'what's going on?'. You really scared me there, debole!" She exclaimed. {weakling!}

I run my hands through my face. "How am I supposed to explain this...?"

"I dunno. With words?!" Okay, jeez.

"Ihavetheseweirdvoicesinmyhead." I rushed out, expecting that she wouldn't understand. I mean, who would, right?

"You have what?!!" Did she just understand that??

Never, and I mean never, underestimate Regina.

"I... Kind of have these weird voices in my head..." I say, slowly this time.

"Since when?" She asks.

I think about it for a while. Huh, I never thought of that.

"Uh... One of them--"