18

Sakura appeared next to Shisui, who was waiting at the entrance of the gates. He smiled and ruffled her hair and she let out a grin, quickly forgetting about what had happened earlier. Her tiny black mask hid her smile, but he could tell she was smiling by the squint of her eye. She untied the Anbu mask she had tied in her hip and put it on, waiting for her father. Shisui crouched down to her height and gave her a small smile. "How was your day?" She gave a grin, under her anbu mask, only kakashi and shisui had the privilege to see it. "Well kakashi and I were eating food together, before we got summoned for the mission." Shisui ruffled her hair more at that and let out a childish pout but then grinned. "Ne, Sakura-chan I got you a small gift since your birthday is coming up."

Shisui won't admit it to anyone ,but to him Sakura was a bright light. Many people called her a monster ,but they never give her a chance . He remembered when they first met and she would avoid him on any mission they went together, but soon, she became grateful when he saved kakashi from a rogue ninja. Shisui adored Sakura ,as if she were his blood. He let out a small chuckle, and Sakura raised her small pink eyebrow at that. "You're acting weird again," she stated in a playful tone and he chuckled again. "I'm not weird. I'm just happy." He stood up from his crouched position and leaned against a tree that was close to the gates. Kakashi appeared right when he was about to close his eyes, and Shisui let out a soft sigh.

"Are you guys ready?" Kakashi asked in his complete-mission tone and the other two nodded. Their mission was to gather information about the Akatsuki that one person held, and quickly get out. They would get a scroll handed to them and they would leave. An easy mission. A mission that needed stealth and quickness. They quietly jumped on the tress and made their way further from their home village. Their steps, silent. Their breathing, soft. An anbu had to be quiet, or their target would get away. They traveled into a small village that seems lonely. The three hid in the shadows and soon neared a small cottage that was surrounded by trees. That is where the information they wanted was located.

Shisui activated his Sharingan and looked around before entering the small cottage. Sakura and Kakashi followed behind him, and saw a village woman with purple hair. She had normal village clothing and got up with a scroll in her hand. She walked to them, and outstretched her hand as a greeting. "You must be the hidden leaf ninjas. Here is the scroll your Hokage wants." As she handed Shisui the scroll, she looked at each of them with her orange eyes. She turned around and Shishi decided to speak. "What is your name, ma'am?" The girl smirked before turning around. "Konan of The Akatsuki." And at that the girl turned into paper and left. At hearing the name, their eyes widened, except for Konan's ,and they felt the ground under them vibrate before exploding, not giving them a chance to escape.

Sakura, Shisui, and Kakashi landed far away from each other and felt two unrecognizable chakras. Sakura had hit the ground, head first and held it in pain. Her broken Anbu mask fell off her face, leaving her only with her black mask that covered her nose and mouth. She felt a warm liquid dripping down her head and she pulled her hand back, seeing a bit of blood. She didn't worry though, knowing she would heal, but she did take a deep breath and tried to sense her father's chakra. She found it and ran to him, sensing another along with him. She ran as fast as she could, and finally made her way to him. A blue skinned man and a recognizable sword, was fighting her father. The tail less beast was fighting her father. She stayed hidden for some time, trying to see any weak point and did hand signs as she saw one. "Chidori." And she ran to the unguarded side of the tail less beast.

Kisame grinned as he finally saw the small Anbu come out with a jutsu that was unfamiliar to him. He managed to jump away from the Copy Cat Ninja's Fire Jutsu but got grazed by the small girl's jutsu. The heat of the jutsu was intense but he only got grazed, he should be fine. The small Anbu was a small girl. 'Ah, a prodigy.' After all, he was known as the Tail Less beast for a reason. Kakashi jumped next to Sakura before doing familiar hand signs. "Fire Style: Fire Ball Jutsu." Sakura quickly did some hand signs and whispered ,"Water Style: Raging Waves." Kisame expected a giant ball of fire to head his way, but was surprised as he saw fire and water mix together , creating a thick mist. He smirked, the enemy was smart, but he won't let himself get defeated. After all, he was just a distraction. He quickly blocked a fist that was headed his way, and got into a battle of Taijutsu with the small Anbu. The copy cat was nowhere to seen. He had to hand it to the girl, she was good at Taijutsu. She blocked every hit he threw her way, and he blocked the punches and kicks she threw at him. He did feel pride when he managed to get past her defense, landing some hits on her ,but felt angry as she landed some of her hits as well.

Kakashi sat on the top of a tree. His one-eyed sharingan blazing bright as he observed the fight. He heard footsteps approaching them and got in a defensive stance, before feeling the familiar chakra. Shisui had escaped a crazy bomb ninja that seemed to enjoy making everything explode and ran to meet his teammates. He slowed down as he felt Kakashi's and Sakura's chakra along with someone's else ,and he activated his Sharingan. Kisame and Sakura kept on trading blows with each other, the tail less beast unaware of the Uchiha creeping up on him with a katana, but no one seemed of a puppet body with a weapon behind Sakura until the puppet jumped high into the air, a small drop of purple falling from the weapon onto the ground. Sakura took out one of her kunais and found an opening, quickly stabbing it into Kisame's leg. He winced but had had enough and slashed her covered eye, fresh blood leaking out of it and a wave of pain went through Sakura.

"I would love to continue this fight, jinchuriki, but there's no point in fighting someone that is about to die." Kisame smirked and disappeared leaving Sakura to turn around, eyes widening as she saw the puppet about to stab her with the weapon it held. She had a hand covering her newly slashed eye and didn't have time to react. Kakashi's eyes widened and he quickly jumped out of the tree, running as fast as he could to his daughter. Shisui quickly did hand signs and let out a sad smile, and Sakura tightly  closed her eyes, readying herself for the pain. She felt herself get pushed to the ground, heard a groan, something warm splattering on her face, and she opened her one unharmed eye. Her breath seemed to be stuck in her throat and her eyes widened, a single tear falling. There he was. Shisui impaled by the weapon, the one meant to finish her off.

——————
So I updated, woohoo! But I do need recommendations on what Shisui is going to do as he is dying. I have some choices but idk.
1. Give Sakura one of his eyes
2. Have Sakura and Kakashi take his body back, delivering the news of his death only.
3. Umm idk