26

*Next morning*
"Hey Shisui. Today dad is going to make me work with the other two genin. I'm not looking forward to it, but if I don't participate in the test, I'll be taken off the roster for a month. So I have to do it, and your cousin is one of my teammates. My other teammate is the Hokage's son, though I don't know why I'm in a genin team. I'm still anbu, though. I don't know why, but I hope you're doing okay wherever you are. Take care , Shisui," and with that Sakura walked with a small frown to the place where the small test would take. 

She hummed a small melody Shisui was always humming, her bracelet on her wrist. She had left her home to be the first one there. A shinobi must always be on time. She walked through the tree shade and sat against the bark of one. She inhaled a deep breath and started meditating, waiting for the other three to arrive.  Just some peace and quiet.

*Meanwhile*

"Naruto!! You're going to be late!" Kushina screamed as Naruto quickly exited the door. He had a piece of toast in his mouth and was running to the place Kakashi had told them to meet in. He chewed on his toast and saw Sasuke running as fast as he was. He let out a smirk and picked up his pace. 'There's no way he's going to get there before me,' the loud blond thought as he ran faster. Sasuke has been woken up by a bucket of ice-cold water dumped on him. He was about to retort at Itachi until he saw the time on the alarm clock. He quickly changed, put on his sandals, and ran out the door, leaving Mikoto with a hand raise.

Sasuke ignored everyone around him and ran as fast as he could. 5 minutes or they'll be late. Both boys picked up their paces, leaving a dust trail behind them. 'Come on,' they both thought and had entered the clearing of the field. Naruto let out a gasp for air ,and Sasuke secretly let one out as well. Sakura stopped meditating as she felt two chakra signatures. She opened her eyes and stood up, looking at her teammates with a lone eyebrow raised. She saw as Naruto sadly looked at the toast on the floor ,and saw Sasuke looking at his best friend with a strange look. 'A ninja must always be on time,' she said in her mind as they were late by a minute.

She let out a small sigh and closed her eyes, peace filling her body. Naruto looked up from his toast and spotted the small pinkette, and excitedly sat next to her. He let out a big smile and looked at her, only grinning more when he saw her peak at him. Sakura peaked at him and decided to give him her full attention. "Is there something you need?" She asked and Naruto glanced at Sasuke and stuck out his tongue. "Well you see I wanted to know if you'd like to..". Naruto was cut off as their sensei poofed right in front of the three soon-to-be-teammates. "Ah looks like you're all here."

Sakura raised a surprised eyebrow at him, "You're early. Is there a reason why you are early for the first time?" She asked and with every word made sure to narrow her lone eye at him. Kakashi let out a chuckle and patted her head. "A new book is coming out. It is a continuation of my favorite series." Naruto and Sasuke stared confused at him before Naruto let out a gasp. "The only book I know that is coming out is Pervy Sage's adult perv book." Kakashi's lone eye widened and he cleared his throat and looked away from the two boys and a judging look from Sakura. He cleared his throat and took out two bells.

The bells gently swayed in the soft breeze of the morning and the three small shinobi stared at them. "Alright, since you are a team you have to get these bells away from me." Sasuke narrowed his eyes and looked at his two teammates. "There are only two bells and three of us." Kakashi inwardly smirked at that. "Only two of you can pass. The other one will either be sent to the academy or be taken off missions for a month." Naruto let out a frown ,and Sakura let out a sigh. "Hey! That's not fair!" Naruto screamed and Sakura looked at him. "The shinobi way is never fair. It is hard and cruel," Sakura stated and looked back at her father/sensei.

Naruto stayed quiet and let out a worried gaze. What did she mean by that? His father and Pervy Sage talked wonders about their shinobi career. They told him of all the people he could meet and all the places a shinobi goes. Sasuke gave a glance to Sakura and quickly looked away when he noticed her staring at him with a lone green eye. 'Is she talking about Shisui?' he though but quickly shook his head and looked back at Kakashi. Kakashi took out a timer and set it on a wooden stump. "You have til 12 pm to take these bells away from me. I hope you didn't eat breakfast. Now begin." With that Sakura and Sasuke jumped back into the trees, leaving Naruto to foolishly attack Kakashi on his own.