32

As they walked towards Tazuna's house, silence filled the small group. Sakura and Kakashi walked on the back of the group, and Kakashi gave Sakura's head a small pat. She kept her gaze down knowing that she had lost control for a moment. "Everything will be alright," kakashi whispered to her, and she raised her gaze and met his. She let out a sigh and nodded, looking forward and met a watchful gaze. Sasuke's eyes widened, and he quickly looked to the front. 'Dammit, she noticed,' he thought and a scowl formed on his face at being caught. Naruto walked forward, next to their client and had a worried look on his face. 'That cloak.. it felt so evil. All I felt from it was hatred,' he thought but cheered up as they had reached the house.

"I'm home," Tazuna exclaimed and a young lady could be seen running to him with her arms open. "Welcome home," the lady cheered and looked at the 4 new strangers that entered her home. "Welcome!"

*Time skip*
"Yeah, and I'll be the greatest Hokage that has ever lived. Believe it. Then Sasuke will be the secretary, and Sakura-Chan will be the cool protector," Naruto said as he stuffed his face with the delicious food they were given. Sasuke calmly ate his food and Sakura and Kakashi simply waited for the right time to take their masks off and eat. It was all about timing. It had to be precise, and they had to be quick. "Is the food not to your liking?" Tsunami asked and Tazuna stared at the two prodigies. "What do you mean?" Naruto asked as he rubbed his satisfied stomach, "The food is great." Sasuke gave a small nod of agreement, and Tsunami let a smile slip on her face. "I was asking because your teammate and sensei haven't touched their plates," Tsunami said and the two best friends stared at their comrades.

"Oi, Sakura-Chan you have to eat. Who's going to protect Sasuke from the bad guys?" Naruto asked, and Sasuke punched the side of Naruto's head. Naruto lunged at Sasuke, and the both went into a furry of small fists. Tsunami, Tazuna, and a child quickly looked at them, and the two prodigy took that as a sign to eat. They both took off their masks and quickly downed the food. The warm liquid of the soup felt nice against their empty stomachs, and they quickly cleaned their mouths with the napkins they were provided. Kakashi put up his mask, and Sakura followed behind. "We're here to protect Tazuna. Not to fight each other," Sakura announced and everyone turned to look at her. "W-what happened to your food?" Tsunami asked noticing the empty plates that were once full. "The food was delicious, Ms.Tsunami. Thank you for the meal," Sakura stated and Kakashi carefully looked at his two genin. One simple look from him and they quickly separated from each other.

"Now, tomorrow we'll start training as a team and after that we will accompany our client to the bridge. Our mission is to protect him at every cost," Kakashi spoke but was interrupted by a loud smack from the table. "What's the point of trying to play hero?! Have you ever lost someone because you were weak! You guys act like you know everything!" Sakura blankly stared at the small kid. "You're annoying, you know that kid? Don't act like you're the only one that has lost people." Inari looked at the pinkette that had spoken up and frowned. "What do you know huh? I bet that you have never lost anyone. You probably lost one of your girly nails," he said, and Tsunami quickly walked to her son. Naruto gave Kakashi a worried gaze, and Sasuke stood next to his friend. "Ah, I never thought people counted as nails," Sakura numbly said and stood up from her sitting spot, "It must've slipped my mind. Sensei, I'll be training and will keep a watch for the night," and with that the small prodigy silently exited the small home.

A heavy silence fell inside the home and Kakashi awkwardly smiled. "Alright then, let's get cleaning and set up for the night."

*With Sakura*

Her footsteps were quiet and all that could be heard was the sound of the wind. Her hair swayed in the wind, and she fidgeted with the bracelet on her wrist. A small reminder that she had failed to protect someone that she loved. Someone important to her. She let out a small sigh and sat on the edge of a lake she had found. She sat on the luscious grass and laid down at it. The dark sky that shone with stars was always a sight that distracted her. It somehow made her feel less lonely in the cruel world she lived in. "I do wonder, Kurama why did you made yourself known today?" She waited but as always the only sound she heard was a powerful growl.