39

Sakura stared down at the tense figures of her genin teammates. A few hours had passed, and the two had woken up and quickly jumped up with kunai in their hands. "Umm, what just happened"? Naruto whispered, and Sasuke frowned. Sasuke shook his head and looked at his surroundings. Naruto sighed and ran into the forest, making sure to do a hand sign at Sasuke. Sasuke followed him into the forest, leaving Sakura to silently follow then from on top. She was slowing down a bit from the pain that her leg had gone through, but, nevertheless, she didn't complain and let herself be healed by the kyubi. After the fight with the snake sannin, Anko had quickly started tracking Orochimaru and had dissapeared from the clearing. Genma and Itachi had moved Naruto's and Sasuke's bodies away from where Sakura had fought Orochimaru and had hidden them in some bushes away from the clearing.

Itachi had checked for any marks on Sasuke and had dispel the genjutsu that was laid on his brother. Before he left to hide his brother with Naruto, he had glanced at Sakura, who he knew was in pain but made no comment on it. "Good job, Blossom. Continue the mission," Minato said, and Sakura heard his voice through the communication headset. Sakura jumped from tree to tree and as always, the communication headset was quiet. No voice could be heard. It wasn't always  like that, not for her.

*Flashback*

"Oi, Sakura-chan, so what will you like to get for dinner?" Shisui said into the communication headset and grinned when he saw the deadpanned look on Kakashi's face. "Couldn't you have asked her after the mission?" Kakashi stated, and Shisui simply grinned. "Of course not, Sakura-chan will be taken away from my loving arms. I have to ask her right now," he replied and pressed a button on the communication headset. "Oi, don't keep me waiting. I'll pay this time. I promise," Shisui whispered and waited. Kakashi simply stared at the Uchiha who behaved like a kid. How was he feared when he acted like this. "Where are we going?" Sakura whispered into the headset, and Shisui gave a smug smirk at Kakashi. "Wherever you choose. Oh. Wait. Have I told you about the time someone flirted with Kakashi," Shisui excitedly said into the headset, and Kakashi inwardly died.

*Flashback Ends*

Sakura silently watched the two boys get the second scroll and quietly followed them to the tower. She knew her father would brag about his cute gennin to the other senseis, and she couldn't help but let out a sigh. The doors of the tower were thrown open by Naruto, and Sasuke followed him with the two scrolls in hand. The solving of the riddle was quickly carried out, and Sakura decided to finally make her presence known to them. She waited a few minutes, wanting to see what Chunin would be summoned from the scrolls. She saw the familiar hair color of her father and waited for a bit more time. "Congrats, you pass to the third part of the exam," Kakashi declared and Sakura landed next to him, her small landing quiet. "Ah you look like you went through some trouble," Kakashi smiled at them. "You could say that."  "Sakura-chan, what, where... Where did you come from?" Naruto asked and looked at Sasuke, who seemed bewildered at the sight of her.

"I came from a woman's---" Sakura couldn't finished her, because her mouth was covered by Kakashi's hand. " You two should rest for the third part of the exams. Go along now," he said and walked away with Sakura, leaving Naruto and Sasuke to go into a different room and rest. Kakashi and Sakura walked next to each other, before stopping in front of two doors. Kakashi turned around a laid a hand on Sakura's head. "Good job, Sakura. You did great," he quietly stated and gave her a smile. Sakura smiled at him back, loving the familiar motion of his hand on her head. To the two of them, it meant another day that they get to spend with each other, it meant another day to live, and it meant a completed mission. Kakashi ruffled her hair and pushed open the doors, letting Sakura enter before him. Sakura looked around the room and was met with the blue eyes of Minato. "Thank you, Sakura," he stated, and Sakura nodded. Itachi stood next to Minato, and Genma pointed to a table that was in the middle of the room.

"Now that we're here, let the proctor choosing begin," he announced, and Sakura found herself being nominated. No matter how many times she shook her head, everyone had taken a liking of her being the proctor for the third part of the exams. Kakashi, she decided his booms will suffer, was smirking all the time during the meeting.

Author here, I forgot to update