13

P.s. ignore kakashi in the back
Sakura's eyes widened but they quickly went back to normal. Kakashi looked at her and her teammates and saw expressions on their faces. He smiled as Sakura quickly composed herself and mentally gave her a pat on the back. He let out a smile and she gave one back.
*Present*
She quickly shook her head and fought with her sensei against enemy shinobi. She had been thinking of some past memories and missed some people from her past. The enemy shinobi were weak and quickly got taken care off. Her ANBU mask had blood splattered , and her 7-year old fist had blood as well. "You were right Kakashi-sensei, this mask does wonders," she said and kakashi ruffled her hair. She was an ANBU at the age of 7 and fought along side her teacher. Kakashi had taught her well, and she became an inspiration to younger females and boys. They both went back to their village and stopped at the Hokage's office.

"Mission Accomplished," she said and kakashi and her bowed. "Good job, Team Prodigy. Go get dressed In your Jonin attire and walk in the village. Look out for any suspicious behavior and enjoy yourselves. You guys are making me run out of missions," Minato said with a laugh and Sakura nodded. "Yes sir," and with that Sakura and kakashi poofed away and quickly entered the house they shared. "Dad, I need new bandages," Sakura said as she looked for new ones. "We'll buy some right now, go clean yourself and wash off the blood," he said and she quickly nodded. She took of her ANBU gear and hopped in to the shower, sighing as the warm water hit her back. She washed all the grime and blood away and looked at her long spiky hair. She quickly dried herself, put her jōnin uniform on, put her mask on and left her hair down.

There was no point in putting it up or trying to hide it. Everyone knew of the pink haired prodigy and knew she was Kakashi Hatake's student.  They had the same way of acting, the same style, and she even wore her headband like he did, she had received an ugly scar and hid it from the world. When she walked down the stairs her father was already ready and they both put on their sandals and walked outside. People still glared at her for the beast she hid inside, but some grew to have tiny respect for her. Kakashi and her walked along side each other, walking in step and relaxed. "Look it's the prodigies. The Haruno and Hatake Prodigies. They're the same. I heard they were great shinobi. I heard they were merciless, cold, and stern shinobi."were all they heard as they walked together. Sakura was on the right side of Kakashi and she was looking for any suspicious act. She signaled to Kakashi and nodded with a no. He did the same and they look forward and stopped.

Itachi and Sasuke were in a shop buying vegetables. Sakura shook her head and Kakashi signaled to her to show no emotion. She nodded and they both walked past them, Itachi and Sasuke staring at the familiar and alike figures. Sasuke and Itachi had not seen their old comrades for a long time , and they were shocked when they saw them alike. Same clothes, same mask, same posture, and same emotionless face. Sakura didn't have her hair up and she walked confidently like Kakashi did. Sasuke froze as he saw Sakura and looked at her in awe, she was with Kakashi and was equally waking with him.

"Itachi, don't you ever regret leaving them?" Sasuke asked and Itachi nodded. "Yes I do but then I would leave my little brother behind and I can't let that happen," he said with a smile and Sasuke smiled back. They both paid for their groceries and entered a ninja weapon shop. Two shinobi stood out, a silver haired Hatake and a pink haired Haruno. Sakura was carrying a new pack of Kunai, a pack of Shurinken, and a roll of bandages. "Sakura, is that all you need?" Kakashi asked as he got himself and Sakura a pair of gloves. Sakura hummed but then nodded and they walked to the counter. "That'll be 20.58," the man behind the counter said and he smiled at them both. He was grateful they put their lives on the line for them.

Itachi and Sasuke froze at the from of the door and kakashi and Sakura stopped in front of them. "Uchiha," they both said and Itachi and Sasuke froze. "Saku-,"they were interrupted as Kakashi raised a hand. "Sakura has no bonds with you both, and sadly we have to leave," and with that Kakashi walked by them and Sakura followed. Sasuke had held out a hand to his old friend but she never accepted it. "Itachi, is it my fault they left?" He asked and Itachi nodded a no. "No things happen for a reason and one day I'm sure you'll be friends again Sasuke," and with that they bought the kunai they needed and waked to their home.

Kakashi and Sakura found nothing unusual and were on top of the Hokage mountain. "Sakura you are getting better and better, and soon we will work on controlling the tailed beast," he said and she nodded. He smiled underneath his mask making his eyes crinkle together and Sakura smiled back. "Thank you father."

"Mother, father, Sakura and Kakashi are of high rank and are respected shinobi. Sakura has achieved a rank no seven year old could, ANBU," Itachi said as they ate dinner. Mikoto missed the pinkette and the joy she would bring in the house and Sasuke never forgave himself for the friendship he destroyed. Fugaku nodded and mentally congratulated the girl for her hard work. "One day we shall meet again, Sakura Haruno," he said and Mikoto smiled.