28

Naruto's stomach grumbled, hunger bitting at him every minute. He was tied up to a post and was staring at his teammates' eating their food. Sakura took small bites of her food. She wasn't really hungry, used to not eating for days during missions. Sasuke ate his food and smirked at his blond friend. Naruto groaned and put his head down, mumbling about unfair teammates. His stomach just grumbled louder and louder, annoying Sasuke. He frowned, took a piece of his food, and shoved it into Naruto's mouth.

Naruto's eyes widened ,and he quickly swallowed the small piece of food he got. He was glad but mad at the same time. Sakura watched the two of them and looked at her food. She didn't want to break the rule her father had set. He had made it loud and clear. "Do not give any food to Naruto or else." She knew not to break a rule, but Naruto is the Hokage's son. Her duty is to protect any citizen of the leaf, especially the Hokage's son. She stared at the ground for a while before coming up with a plan. She let out a hum and put her food down. She took out a kunai and quickly cut the ropes that held Naruto hostage.

Naruto met the ground and let out a small, "Oof." She quickly put away her kunai, walked to a tree, walked on the tree, and hid in the cluster of leaves. Hopefully Naruto takes the food. Sakura stared at the blond ,who slowly looked around and ran to her food. He quickly grabbed her chopsticks and started eating the food. She let out a sigh of relief, but frowned as she saw that he only ate half of the food. She jumped down from the tree and made her way back to where Naruto and Sasuke where sitting. "Ah," she said as she neared them. She looked at her food, well half, and then looked at Naruto, who looked guilty.

"You ate my food?" She asked and he nervously scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, I'm sorry Sakura, but I still left half of it for you. I don't want my teammate to starve. We're going to stick together. No matter what!" He looked at a surprised Sasuke. "We're teammates. From now on, we're family. Well be the best team there is out there ,and we'll do it together," he gave a grin at Sasuke and turned to a shocked Sakura, "Isn't that right, Sakura-Chan?" Sakura froze up. " We're teammates, Sakura-Chan." Why did Naruto have to sounds like Shisui right now? She turned around to hide her watery eye and brought her hand up to her face. She took a deep breath and turned to look at the two.

An Uchiha. An old friend. A person that called her a monster. A Namikaze. A teammate. A person that hasn't called her a monster. She stayed quiet for a moment, before feeling a rush of energy and put her hand up. Naruto's eyes widened and he waited for a punch, but only felt two fingers poking his forehead. Sasuke's eyes widened at seeing a familiar gesture. Naruto froze at the gesture and Sakura looked at him. "I guess you're right, Naruto."

Kakashi, who had been watching, let out a grin. Maybe this team has a chance. He was still behind the tree and stumbled out. He looked behind him and saw no one. "Who pushed me?" He waited for a few seconds and walked to his new team. Sakura quickly put her hand down and put on a neutral expression at his arrival. "You went against my one rule," he stated and saw as the two boys freaked out. "You," he said as he pointed to the three of them, "Pass." The clearing was filled with silence until one loud blond broke it. "We passed?!?! Awesome!!" Kakashi gave a grin ,and Sasuke let a triumphant smirk show.

Sakura let out a sigh and looked at her father. "The test was to see if we had any teamwork. Wasn't it?" Kakashi blinked and ruffled Sakura's hair. "That's correct," he looked at the two boys. "In this world, no matter what, you will have to rely on a comrade. They will be your best friend. A shoulder to rely on, but enough about that. Tomorrow we have some missions to do, so it's wise to go get some food and rest. You're dismissed." Naruto and Sasuke quickly ran out of the clearing and raced against each other. They were excited to tell their friends and family about them passing.

Kakashi turned to look at Sakura. "Now, now. No need to act all tough around me," he said with a chuckle and Sakura shook her head. She let a small smile fall on her lips. "Who said I was acting tough?" Kakashi gave her a small pat on the head. "Alright, alright. I have to go to the library ,and we need some new bandages and kunai. So if you can, can you-." He blinked and sighed as he noticed Sakura had left. "Of course she did. She must've read my mind and went to retrieve the items." He sighed and walked to a familiar stone. "Sometimes I wonder if I was too harsh on her, Obito."

*Inside the Village*

The newly genin teams sat in Ichiraku's Ramen stand. "W-we p-passed," Hinata stuttered out loud, and Kiba and Shino nodded along. "Yeah, we passed too," Shikamaru said in a lazy tone. "Looks like we all passed!" Naruto exclaimed . They all sat on a table and waited for their ramen. "Hey, Sasuke. I was wondering," Ino said and Shikamaru inwardly grimaced at the upcoming question, "Who's your female teammate? How does she look? Is she strong?" Shikamaru let out a breath of relief ,and Naruto quickly grinned. "You won't believe it. Our teammate is-," he paused as he looked outside the stand and gave a wave. "Hey, Sakura-Chan. Why don't you join us?"

The rest of the genin quickly turned their heads and looked outside of the stand. "No way. She's your teammate?!" Ino exclaimed in shock. Sakura let out a sigh at the loud level of Naruto's female friend. She looked at them and looked back at the road filled with people who kept their distance. 'Maybe I can make friends?' she though but shook her head. She learned what bonds do to you. She let out a sigh and looked in front of her, started walking and didn't look back. Naruto quickly put his hand down and let out a sigh. Sasuke grimaced and looked back at the table. The rest of the genin were quiet. Sasuke let out a sigh and looked at Ino, "Yeah, that's our teammate."

Sorry if this was rushed. I didn't know what to update on, so I wrote this. I'm going to publish a new book. I'll post the preview for it right now.