41

Go check out my new books:)
The Lost Senju and You Broke It
-------

Sakura quietly watched the matches that occurred after the hyugas' match. The fan wielding kunoichi of Suna had quickly defeated a Konoha genin. Sakura analyzed each match with the interest of a shinobi undercover. Her father had once told her to never underestimate a shinobi. A shinobi is made of surprises and even the smallest surprises can be the deadliest ones. "Gaara from the Sand and Rock Lee from the Leaf. Come down and prepare to fight," Genma announced and watched as the two genin made their way down to him. "Sakura," Minato whispered into the head set, "The red haired is a jinchuriki. Watch closely. Interfere if needed. He's dangerous." Sakura felt herself frown at the last part but kept quiet.

"Begin," Genma stated and quickly jumped back as Rock Lee quickly charged at Gaara. Sakura leaned back and watched the fight with interest. It did not matter to her that Gaara was a jinchuriki, though she was curious how the sand moved without hand movements. She knew it wasn't impossible. She had already inferred that it could've been the extra chakra that was provided by the demon sealed inside of him. She watched as the green-clad genin picked up his speed and rapidly increased his taijutsu moves. She decided to sit up and watch as the sand genin got hit. The look on his face changed, and his sand rapidly charged at the taijutsu user.

She saw the faintest twitch of Gaara's fingers and gathered chakra towards her hands. "Sand coffin," Gaara whispered and gave a smirk as the leaf ninja got caught with his sand. Sakura stayed still. She could not interfere until an ill intent was made known. The sand wrapped around the taijutsu user and the sound of bones being damaged was heard throughout the arena. "Water Style: Water Attacking Gorgon," she whispered and watched as the water dragon that appeared next to her opened its jaw and headed towards the sand genin. Gaara slightly widened his eyes in shock but felt his sand take the force of the attack. He let out a growl as he felt his sand slowly slip away from the green-clad genin. Sakura quickly jumped next to the leaf genin and carefully picked him up. She applied chakra to her feet and started walking up the walls towards where the rest of the shinobi were located.

"Sakura! Behind you," Naruto exclaimed, and Sakura glanced behind her. She saw tendrils of sand rushing to reach her, and she turned her head to look at the rest of the shinobi. "Water release: Snake's Mouth," she whispered and soon passed the spinning column of water that soon turned into a snake. Gaara once again growled and reeled his sand back to himself to protect him. He felt the brunt force of the pinkette's jutsu and found himself meet the wall behind him. Sakura laid down the genin next to Gai and jumped back onto the arena, giving Genma a familiar look. "Rock Lee has forfeited the match. Gaara of the Sand is the winner," Genma exclaimed, and Temari and Kankuro looked down at Gaara. Sakura had performed a jutsu with only muttering words. She was an obstacle to their plan.. a dangerous one at that.. Gaara furiously shook at being thrown into a wall and took a step toward the pinkette. "There will be a next round. The final round will be in a month. We will pair you up against another," Genma stared at the red hair, "Any threatening actions or moves, will get you eliminated."

Two hours had passed, and Sakura laid fresh flowers inside the vase that was next to Shisui's grave. "How's it been, Shisui?" She asked and was met with the silence of the wind. She sat next to the grave and pulled her knees up to her chest. She relished in the silence and let out a sigh. She looked up at the sun and stood up. "I'll come back soon, Shisui. Until next time," she muttered and gave a gentle poke to the forehead. She shoved her hands into her shinobi pants and walked away from the grave. She walked in comfortable silence for five minutes, but soon found herself being dragged inside Kurani's house. She gave a blank stared at the 4 adults occupying a table and let out a sigh. "I'm not responsible for anything my father did," she stated, and Kakashi sweat dropped. The other three adults laughed at her statement and calmed down after a few seconds. "We wanted to thank you," Kurenai started, and Asuma gave a nod. "Thank you for saving Lee," Gai stated and quickly nodded his thanks to her.

"Come here, take a seat. I made food for us and it would be a shame for it to go to waste," Kurenai stated, and Sakura sat next to Kakashi. "Yosh! The food is delicious as always, Kurenai," Gai exclaimed and quickly said thanks and soon started eating. Asuma smiled and gave his thanks to Kurenai and started eating. Sakura felt a smile slip on her lips and felt a hand on her head, "You did great, Sakura. Good job."