42

"Sakura-chan, you're the talk of the chunin exams. It's not fair. I can take a Hyuga down with one foot," Naruto stated while Sakura calmly sharpened her kunais. "I do not like attention. It brings unwanted enemies," she replied and felt a stare at the back of her neck. Naruto paid no attention to her words and kept talking about the exams. Sakura, on the other hand, stared at the floor with a calm expression. Unwanted attention was the thing that she had gathered at the exams. The red haired from Suna and his siblings appeared to watch her with an analyzing look. At the exams, they watched and analyzed. She knew that her name was on the Bingo Book, and that they could get their hands on it at any time. The one secret she had was that she was a jinchuriki, a secret weapon of the village.

It was only at the rarest occasions where the power of the nine tails was used for threatening. She only had a small grasp at the overwhelming power, but she was still training to have a larger grasp on the power. Sakura was raised to be cautious and a dangerous shinobi. Whoever she met, she would gather any data about them. She had memorized the Bingo Book from front to back and was now memorizing details about the genin that participated in the Chunin exams. The male hyuga was said to be above his class, but the red haired suna boy was said to be untouchable. She had suspected that there was something strange about him. There was nothing in the Bingo Book, and she was not in Suna.

She did notice that the two genin he would spend time with would stare at him with fear and seemed to walk on eggshells whenever they where with him. She shook her head and saw that Naruto was waving his hand at her. She gave a wave back and saw the bright grin he threw at her. She looked down at her kunais and listened to his receding footsteps. She took a deep breath and let the same breath exit her body. She was now alone and felt at peace. Her two teammates were training  for their big showdow . She had no missions to complete though there were rumors going around in the Anbu headquarters. The Hokage was a bit worried at something, that were the words that were flying around the headquarters.

She pocketed her kunais away and started trudging towards the village. As usual, people avoided crossing her and seemed to move quicker whenever she was around. It was a daily routine. She protected, they parted. She killed, they parted. She ate, they parted. Any kind act she had shown was never appreciated by the villagers, but that was to be expected. She calmly made her way through the village and found herself looking down at her father. "What are you doing on the ground?" She asked and was only met with an eye wrinkle. She frowned under her mask at the hidden message and looked around them.

"Why are you laying in the middle of the woods?" She asked, once again, and received a pat on her head. "I'm taking a break from my exhausting team of genin," Kakashi replied and was met with an unimpressed stare. "There have been no missions for Team 7, so you're here for other reasons," Sakura stated and received another pat on the head. "Have you ever considered talking to Asuma's male genin?" He asked and closed his eyes. "No." Silence fell upon the two and the woods were quiet around them. "You know that you're being watched," Kakashi stated and recieved a nod. "By the sand genin," she replied and received an unimpressed stare.

"I did not want to gather attention, but the fight with Orochimaru and Gaara didn't work in my favor." Kakashi looked at his daughter and stood up. "Be cautious and make sure that your Anbu uniform is ready." Sakura looked up at him and shook his head "I don't have a mission." Kakashi only shook his head ruffled her hair, "Since when do you get a break? I'll see you when you come back."

-------------

Her dad wasn't joking and now she stared down at the rotting body of the Kazekage. She looked around at the sand terrain and noticed other bodies laying around the man. "The Hokage and the village is in danger," the man beside her said and she looked at his masked face. "Take care of the bodies, I'll send my ninken with the message," she calmly replied and got a nod from her Anbu teammate. She quickly took out a scroll and wrote away a message. It only took a drop of her blood and Pakkun had arrived. "Deliver this to Kakashi and get it to the Hokage, immediately." No words had to be exchanged, and he was soon gone.

"Bodies were taken care of. Its been days since they've been dead."