24

Sakura is now 12, and all the others are genin. So they're 12/13
*4 years later*
The soft wind blew against pink locks of hair. The strands of a small black bracelet flew in the wind, but never left the wrist it was located on. A lone figure stood on a hill, looking down at the KIA stone. She always went there every morning to remember her fallen comrades. Among them, Shisui, her awkward-genin sensei ,and Haru, her genin teammate. They never got along ,and their sensei always seemed to be standing in between them. Sakura never started the arguments though, it was all Haru,but she still remembers him. The death that hurt her more was Shisui's. She let out a sigh and walked down the hill. She was in her jounin attire and was bored out of her mind.

'I wonder how Tobito and his girlfriend are doing,' Sakura thought and inwardly shuddered. The thought of having someone know everything about you, and get close to your face didn't sit well with Sakura. It is also a distraction during missions, so she stayed away from boys. Even though, Kurenai-sensei always dragged her away to spend time with boys her age or go shopping with her, which terrified Sakura to no end. No kid wanted to be her friend, except for a small group that seemed to be everywhere she was, but alas they were all afraid. Plus, Kakashi would freak out if Sakura ever got a boyfriend. 'There's no need for one,' she thought to herself and lightly nodded. She had arrived to her home and opened the door, only to be met with a book to the face. She quickly entered , and closed the door. "Why do you always do that?" She asked her father who seemed to be putting on his shinobi sandals. "Ah, Sakura, you see I thought you were Gai," he said and grabbed the small yellow book and motioned for Sakura to exit the home. Sakura let out a low groan and opened to door, stepping out and let Kakashi take the lead.

He quickly closed the door and started walking towards the small food market in the middle of the village. "We need more vegetables, and some meat as well. We'll eat breakfast in a shop we can find," he said and looked away from his book to glance at his daughter. "Then you have to meet your two," and she put her two fingers up and moved them, "cute" genins." Kakashi smiled and ruffled her hair while walking, "Ah, you know me so well." Sakura looked to her sides and ignored the small glares being throw her way. "I have lived with you for some years, you get used to it." Kakashi raised an eyebrow and walked to a shop that sold the best vegetables in the village. Sakura quickly went to get a small bag and quickly started grabbing the vegetables. Sure it was just a task, but to her, it was a small version of a mission. Kakashi was about to grab a tomato , but was quickly beat to the ripe tomato. Sakura stood there and put the tomato in the bag, grabbing more and made her way to the other aisle. Kakashi sweat-dropped and decided to follow her. He followed her for about five minutes and found himself paying for the bag of vegetables.

He exited the small store and saw his daughter waiting outside , calmly. "Remind me next time to put my book away while getting vegetables," he said and started walking towards another shop. Sakura walked next to him and shrugged, "Even if I did, you won't pry your eyes from that , hmm, adult book." Kakashi's uncovered eye widened and he cleared his throat. "Ahah, let's just continue grocery shopping," and with that the two kept walking.

*Meanwhile*

"Ha, dattebayo! I bet I'll get the better sensei," the loud Namikaze blond exclaimed and sticked his tongue out at the Uchiha. Sasuke frowned and jabbed his finger in Naruto's direction, "As if, I'll get the better sensei. I'm the top of the class." Shikamaru groaned at their usual arguing and put his head down. He was lucky though ,because all the girls were surrounding the two best friends and wondering who will win their usual arguments. Sadly, Ino was part of the crowd. She wasn't a big fan girl, but she did have a crush on Sasuke and made sure that no girl got close to him. Choji was happily eating his chips and Hinata was quietly talking to Shino and Kiba. Shikamaru already knew who was going to be on his team. He had used common sense, and used his dad's old genin as an example. He knew he would have Ino and Choji as his teammates. It only made sense. Iruka had finally walked in and held the team papers in his hand. He felt bad for team 7. They were stuck with not just one prodigy as a sensei, but a prodigy as a teammate. The fact the prodigy teammate was a jinchuriki and had the Sharingan made him wince in sympathy for the two boys.

"Alright, everyone to their seats!" All the students quickly sat in their seats, pure excitement coursing through their veins. "Congratulations on becoming a ninja. You all have worked hard and have graduated. I am proud of each one of you and it is an honor to be a sensei of future strong shinobi. Now I will announce your teams. Team 1," Iruka announced as he started calling out the teams. Sasuke looked out the window, boredom hitting him like a brick that Naruto once threw at him. Shikamaru had fallen asleep ,and Ino was trying to wake the Nara boy up. "Team 7 consists of Naruto Namikaze and Sasuke Uchiha." Iruka looked at the two boys and saw Sasuke's questioning glance. "You will meet your female teammate , when your sensei comes." The fangirls started screaming in anger. Ino felt her heart sink. She really wanted to prove to Sasuke that she was strong, but there went her chance. Naruto only groaned, loudly and hit his head against closest wall he found.